Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 04:50 PM

1,131 posts, read 2,025,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
It is entirely possibly that other better qualified candidates in the primary will fragment the [primary] vote...
I agree, it's quite conceivable that Quinn survives a Democratic primary where the rest of the challengers eat each other alive, then squeaks out a general election victory on the the Cook County Democratic apparatus's ability to get people to the polls who, once there, will blindly vote (D) as a matter of habit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2013, 12:57 AM

10,029 posts, read 10,893,510 times
It depends. Last time he barely won but that's because his Republican opponent was a misogynist who wanted to kill shelter dogs.

Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 AM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Default Very open minded!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
It depends. Last time he barely won but that's because his Republican opponent was a misogynist who wanted to kill shelter dogs.
Yep, that is a real pressing issue ain't it...

More than a little discouraging to think that something so central to role of governor was what gets the attention of voters...

Old 07-11-2013, 08:54 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,405,419 times
Quote:

More than a little discouraging to think that something so central to role of governor was what gets the attention of voters...
No, but his record on social policies certainly got the attention of several of the voters that chose not to vote for him...

Old 07-11-2013, 09:22 AM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
No, but his record on social policies certainly got the attention of several of the voters that chose not to vote for him...
I've never really like Pat Quinn much politically (I think he is well intentioned and actually a good person), but there is no way in hell I would ever vote for Brady. The Republican Party in IL and nationally is a really bad joke.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:09 PM

I dislike Quinn but couldn't vote for Brady. If a moderate Republican I would have voted for them but Brady was too scary to me on social issues.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:11 PM

Quote:

Being that I am a woman and an animal lover yes those issues are big to me. I couldn't vote for a man who thinks as a woman I am a lesser person than a man.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:30 PM

28,453 posts, read 85,379,084 times
Angry It is just so easy, isn't it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
Being that I am a woman and an animal lover yes those issues are big to me. I couldn't vote for a man who thinks as a woman I am a lesser person than a man.
OH MY GOODNESS! How easy a task it will be for Quinn to hold on to his office, simply hire the same DIRT STUPID CAMPAIGN CONSULTANTS he had last time and use some silly nonsense to paint his oppenent as someone that actually reads bills BEFORE voting on them or worries that funding core state priorities should come before trivial expenditures and Quinn is un-F-ing-defeatable...

Oh, wait, you mean passing laws that are irrelevant becuase they do nothing to extend any classifications that are ALREADY LAW is important?

And of course is about as impossible to defend oneself against false charges of being other than an animal lover as it is to answer a false question "how long has it been since you've stopped locking puppies in you trunk"...

ENJOY ANOTHER FOUR YEARS OF QUINN! Brainless voters ALWAYS fall for the same pile of baloney campaign ads! Same firm that falsely tied Judy Topinka to George Ryan (and mercilessly burned pictures of her hideous mid thigh culottes into the public image...) to give Rod is NO DOUBT creating ads that portray every theoretical Quinn opponent as an "animal hater" and will stop at NOTHING to pluck the emotional strings necessary to show Quinn as a champion of all things WONDERFUL...

Last edited by chet everett; 07-11-2013 at 10:38 PM..

Old 07-11-2013, 10:40 PM

11,289 posts, read 26,199,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by linicx View Post
IL has TWO (2 Tourism department that advertises Chicago, Chicago, Chicago, Chicago, Chicago, Peoria, Springfield, Springfield, Springfield, Champaign, Champaign, Rockford, and not much else. Now they are wasting money advertising Illinois on satellite tv.

Chicago may be the biggest fish in the Lake, and it may be the largest city in America behind NYC and LA, but it isn't the 3rd most popular tourist destination. Scottsdale, AZ is. Wasting money on advertising is silly. Quinn and his Chicago pals need to shut down both offices and use the advertising dollars to pay down the pension crisis they continue to whine about while they waste money.
WTF? Scottsdale might be up there in the Phoenix area and popular with old people, but that's just one of the weirdest things I've ever seen, haha.

Old 07-11-2013, 10:43 PM

11,975 posts, read 31,792,528 times
Social issues like Gay Marriage may seem trivial to you, but when you have many friends who will have their most vital personal relationship relegated to second class status because of social conservatives, you begin to see this as a civil rights issue that must be addressed ASAP. Throw in some crazy, massively invasive vaginal ultrasound bills like the GOP seems to be pushing all over the country, and it makes "social conservatives" like Brady almost impossible to vote for.

I agree that fiscal responsibility needs to be thrust upon Illinois as soon as possible and that the state would greatly benefit from two-party rule, but I won't vote a bigoted anti-abortion zealot in to a position where he has the power of the governorship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois