U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-27-2013, 10:59 PM

3 posts, read 5,668 times

Advertisements

I've been on here awhile searching for something related to this but I might be moving to Champaign ASAP for my job and I really don't want to buy a home where i haven't ever lived before. I'm in my late 20's and looking to rent but can't find anywhere that accepts my Rottweiler. Does anyone know of any landlords or places I can look less than $800/month. I live in Peoria now and have had her for 5 years and never had this issue here at all as long as I have renters insurance nobody has cared. I can get plenty of landlord references, clean background etc. Any advice would be fantastic!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 06:45 PM

3 posts, read 5,668 times
i take it i'll have no luck in champaign?

Old 01-03-2014, 06:28 PM

11,543 posts, read 28,530,736 times
I don't live in Champaign. You have a campus of 35,000. All of the rentals I've looked at either state: No pets or Small pets only.

These groups do have some pet properties:
FAQ Perspective Tenants
Neves Group | Champaign, IL Rental Properties
Watersedge Apartments for rent in Champaign, IL
Rector Property Management | Champaign, IL
TLT Properties
Apartments
Markstahler Properties, Rentals and Leasing, Champaign, Illinois

I have a feeling you may suffer sticker shock. I found apts. for 4 grand. Many of the companies specialize in student housing. There are a few with fenced properties. I don't how well the rottie will do in a high rise. Champaign is high energy which usually means a lot of noise and people movement - a bit like downtown Chicago during the work week. If you are lucky you might find a smaller place farther away from campus.

This is Urbana:
Urbana - Wedig Property Management
Weiner Companies :: Home
Champaign/Urbana Luxury Furnished Apartments for Rent - Campus Property Management - Home Page
https://teamkaypropertymanagement.managebuilding.com/

Good luck!

Old 01-05-2014, 12:33 PM

44 posts, read 70,662 times
I live in Urbana and can tell you it will be difficult to find a place to rent with a Rottie. Best bet will be CL, see if you can find a private owner who will rent to you... be prepared for an extra deposit and proof of substantial renters insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>