Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-29-2007, 07:49 AM

36 posts, read 167,596 times

Advertisements

can anyone suggest where to find baby furniture and other merchandise in peoria or surrounding area - other than target & burlington coat factory, which don't have a great variety to select from....
thanks, calistro
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 01:42 PM

269 posts, read 1,100,455 times
It has been a few years since I was in the market for baby merchandise, but I think I can help a little. Try looking around the new Shoppes at Grand Prairie Mall outside of Dunlap, in the sprawling commercial district on the north side of Peoria. There is a big Old Navy and good sized Bergners. Down the road is the Willow Knolls shopping center that has a Kohls. The Northwoods Mall has several places that are just for babies and toddlers. I know for a fact that they have a Children's Place and a Gap Kids. Sheridan Village shopping center has good shopping as well, but I haven't been at there for some time and only know that they have a Bergners. The Northwoods Mall is also are anchored by a Sears, JCPenney's, and Macy's which have good kids sections. The Northwoods Mall has more stores for teenagers and young adults, while Grand Prairie has more upscale adult clothes. There is a new Furniture Row on your way to Dunlap that you might want to check out. If you can't find something in Peoria, look into Bloomington. There is shopping everywhere, and I believe that they have just as much, if not more in the way of children's clothes, since both Normal and Bloomington seem to be made up of nothing more than booming families. I know that the Bergners in Pekin is the overflow, and unwanted items for the two in Peoria, so it isn't as great, but less expensive. Overall there isn't anything in East Peoria or Pekin that you couldn't find in more quanity in Peoria or Bloomington so i would stick with those two. Hope this helps.

Old 10-09-2008, 11:38 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
I've worn Bergner's better wear for many years. I always found the clothes to be nicely made and sold at a fair price. For smart upscale women's fashions I like Brom's Fur in Metro Center because Jeff can always find that extra something for someone special. Metro Center is located at a light on N. University between War Memorial Drive and Glen Avenue. Britche's and Bloomers (ages 0-12) is also in Metro Center. And you should be able to find nice boutique items on Prospect Avenue between War Memorial and Glen. No baby, but nice furniture is Lippman's Interiors on Pioneer Parkway and Underwood Furniture Gallleries in Grande Shoppes. Nursery Nook in Bloomington and Good's in kewanee and JC Penny at Grande Shoppes all I could find for baby furniture except Target and Burlington. The only other place that might have cribs is Illinois Furniture which is in the worst part of Peoria on S. Adams. But they have good stuff and always has.

The last place I would look is Furniure Row unnless you really know the diff between quality furniture. and the cosmetically great bur really not-so-good FR sells. Been there; done that; won't do it again.

Last edited by linicx; 10-09-2008 at 11:41 AM.. Reason: script
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois