Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 03:52 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times

Advertisements

Theres a interesting thread on the WI board regarding the same thing. Just wondering a few things and am hoping you Illinoisans can help explain, and be honest!

Do you feel like youre ever segregated and frowned upon while entering Wisconsin, just based on your plates?

Have any of you received tickets from WI troopers/police that you feel were unjust? Do you feel you were singled out? If so, explain.

Why do you feel they (not all of them of course) dislike us?

Old 11-21-2006, 04:01 PM

91 posts, read 151,873 times
because wisconsinians do not want ill tempered rude people ruining the precious friendly hospitality in their state!

Old 11-21-2006, 04:12 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Im not ill-tempered, nor do I ruin their state.

Old 11-29-2006, 06:17 PM

91 posts, read 151,873 times
FYI, there is barely enough friendly hospitality in the state of illinois to fill a boeing 737 jet airplane.

Old 12-09-2006, 08:02 PM

196 posts, read 969,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelychicagoan View Post
because wisconsinians do not want ill tempered rude people ruining the precious friendly hospitality in their state!
Cos they are stupid, run on half empty and think they own the State.
They develop like idiots, create clicks within their community and never learn from their mistakes.

I love Wisconsin for the nature and the roads and the water. I have relatives all over the State, but the Politics and stupidy and the way they think and work...is so sad.

They only want you to spend money there and then leave.

Great place to retire....awesome place to visit, just rude.
Cops were great to me ., I lived there a year and a half and deserved a few tickets. Now I just don't do anything wrong.

They always warned me or let me go, but I had to have Wisconsin Plates and a Wi Drivers license. Otherwise you are SOL.

If you drive with Illinois plates, the wisconsin "mites" will drive you off the road.

Awefull!

Old 12-09-2006, 10:53 PM

3,455 posts, read 8,340,834 times
interesting. i dealt with this a lot in grad school. the roots are jealousy, I really believe this. Chicago gets the attention for being a cultural center and wisconsin is treated as the less sophisiticated neighbor.

anyway, I had the chance to meet a man that actually believes wisconsin is helping the russians and the only reason wisconsin is helping is because they hate illinois so much, that they agreed to the scheme. look up jack pickens! totally serious!

Old 12-09-2006, 10:54 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,416,337 times
Well I'm not sure that all Wisconsin-ites despise all Illinois residents. Surely some Illinois residents have some friends in Wisconsin. In any case, let's not forget about the great football rivalry that has existed for many years between both states. The Chicago Bears vs. the Green Bay Packers is a hot ticket & rivalry that never seems to get old. Most people in the state of Wisconsin root for Green Bay (including people as far south as Milwaukee, Racine & Kenosha). And now the tables have turned in favor of the Chicago Bears. That could be another reason why they hate us.

Old 12-10-2006, 04:28 PM
mdz

622 posts, read 2,619,209 times
Default ahh it ain't so bad

I have relatives up in Burlington and my father-in-law has a place in Brodhead so I'm in wisconsin a bunch.

Maybe I'm being naive, but I've never had any problems with Wisconsinites. i get good natured ribbing about the Bears (except last 2 years ) and maybe some flatlander comments and that's about it.

Never had a speeding ticket (although deserved a few), honestly never had anyone treat me differently just because I'm from Illinois. And that goes for bars, restaurants, whatever. I've got a pretty obvious accent so i'm sure people know where i'm from.

Just like anywhere (including Chicago), i think if you try to treat people right you're going to be treated ok. I'm sure there are jerks with "Illinois issues" in wisconsin but I guess I've been lucky enough to avoid them.

Old 12-10-2006, 06:18 PM

483 posts, read 1,221,542 times
I've lived in both WI and IL.. and I'm moving my way back to Chicago shortly. The only people that live in Wisconsin who don't like people from IL are the small-town, simple minded people.

They have no real reason to hate IL folks, the complaint I hear the most is driving. But have you ever really looked at Wisconsin drivers on the expressways? You have somebody in the left lane doing 45, somebody in the middle going 70 and so on. I find driving in IL much easier than driving in WI.. but that's just me.

Either that, or they're just mad because Chicago keeps expanding, and Milwaukee is dying.

Old 12-11-2006, 12:14 AM

3,455 posts, read 8,340,834 times
oh my god. I totally agree! I had to drive to minnesota so many times in the last year (through wisconsin, obviously) and always, once I near madison --- its like no one has a clue about driving in the right lane, passing in the left lane. And yes, my wisconsin "friends" say they hate us because we drive too fast, cut them off, and we are snobby and "rich" -- like all of us are rich. Maybe if they knew how to drive we wouldn't cut them off

anyway, Jack Pickens (a guy from the tennessee titans is making a movie about him) believes that when the packers win a superbowl against the bears, it will signal the russians to attack. He believes that people in wisconsin have even talked about building a bypass over illinois. I am serious. I was fortuante enough to be minding my own business at starbucks one day in lake geneva, and he came up to me and told me everything.

I looked him up on the internet and hes quite well known in nfl circles. I'll post some links later if I can find them. Jack tells me the "governemnt" keeps taking the web pages down becasue of his inside info. But he was sure to fill me in on his theories about why wisconsin people hate illinois people so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois