U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 10:36 AM

158 posts, read 813,364 times

Advertisements

Based out of Rockford has anyone ever listed wotu Homeowners Concept Realtors? Or have anyone ever heard anything positive or negativ about them?

Thinking of listing with them just not sure yet

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2008, 11:44 AM

62 posts, read 273,700 times
Smile Home Owners Concept

First off listing your home with them is just like listing it with a FSBO site. They put a sign in the yard put it on the MLS w/ a reduced commisson. Remember you pay what you get and with them not much. It's a concept that doesn't work.

Last edited by mdz; 03-07-2008 at 12:28 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 03-07-2008, 11:54 AM

62 posts, read 273,700 times
One more thing. There are a lot of Agent's who will NOT show a house with a reduced commission(me included). Ask yourself this: If you were working at your job and your boss came up to you and told you they were cutting your pay in half, but you had to do the same amount of work. Would you do this? The logical answer is NO the same when it comes to Real Estate. Your asking the Agent to sell your house, but your gonna cut their pay in half. Do you think they'll show your house? Probally not. This is totally legal beacause this is how we get paid. Most agents want the most money they can get. The higher the commisson the more showings you'll get. Remember you only have to pay a [SIZE=3]commission [/SIZE]if you house sells. Homeowners concept, you pay up front.

Old 03-07-2008, 12:16 PM

90 posts, read 325,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreezinIL View Post
Based out of Rockford has anyone ever listed wotu Homeowners Concept Realtors? Or have anyone ever heard anything positive or negativ about them?

Thinking of listing with them just not sure yet

thanks

I would take 3 or 4 agencies and let them all show you what they offer. The bottom line is marketing. And the marketing is on the internet. over 80% of buyers look for their home in the web before even calling an agent.

Go to "google trends" and type in some company names and see who has the most exposure...that's where you want you house listed.

Old 03-07-2008, 02:51 PM

Thanks for the replies. Yeah, I was wondering about other realtors showing or not showing our house because of how they would be paid so thanks for clearing that up.

Maybe I will consider listing our home on the net on that site someone else replied about in my other post.

Is it ok to call realtors and ask them what percentange they charge or is that rude to ask right off the bat?

Our last home sold in 2 weeks and we listed with I think it was something like Help Us Sell and we paid something like 3% commission.

I'm pretty sure we have a home that is going to sell quick so long as people know its for sale.

Old 03-07-2008, 04:58 PM

90 posts, read 325,455 times
It's not rude to ask......that's what everyone wants to know anyway.

Don't be surprised to get some "run-around" answers. All fees are negotiable. Some Realtors even have a sliding scale of fees vs. services.

You get what you pay for when it comes to that.

Good Luck

Old 03-07-2008, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Hill View Post
It's not rude to ask......that's what everyone wants to know anyway.

Don't be surprised to get some "run-around" answers. All fees are negotiable. Some Realtors even have a sliding scale of fees vs. services.

You get what you pay for when it comes to that.

Good Luck
Well......yes a typical realtor would make it easier on me to sell the house as far as showings I suppose but after thinking about how many people came through our last home we sold when listing with the other type of realtor where I have to do the showings it really worked well. Sure a little nerve racking for me but saving 6-10 thousand dollars was worth it.

So I guess I will just have to decide which "non-typical" place will list my home. Help U Sell maybe I will look into that one as well.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:32 PM

11 posts, read 34,445 times
FreezinIL,

This is exactly why I would use Rockford FSBO.

Moderator cut: deleted link

I realize you get what you pay for, but "Homesinrockford" reinforces why I would not consider a realtor until trying to sell on my own first. "Homesinrockford" would not consider reducing a commission even if the home sold in the first two weeks, so why not try it yourself first.
Since Homeowners concept is more $$ and I don't think their website is nearly as good or as visited as Rockford FSBO, I would go with Rockford FSBO first.
Rockford FSBO is 100 bucks plus 10 for multiple photos of each additional room. This is the fee for 4 months, which seems like plenty of time to me. I think 6 to 8 rooms of photos is also plenty to show potential buyers and that would run you about $160 to $180 with no commission to pay. That is not much to spend to see if you can sell it yourself while potentially saving a lot of money. Since this is so reasonable, you could also afford to advertise in the newspaper without adding too much more cost in trying to find a buyer.

As Jeff Hill stated, "over 80% of buyers look for their home on the web before even calling an agent"
so why not give it a go on your own at first.

Honestly, I have no ties to Rockford FSBO.com and have never used the site, but I know others who have use them and I have also been watching their site for a few years now. It looks like a very good product to me.

Last edited by Beretta; 03-11-2008 at 08:07 PM.. Reason: deleted link, advertising, thanks :)

Old 03-08-2008, 07:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BondJmsBond View Post
FreezinIL,

This is exactly why I would use Rockford FSBO.

Moderator cut: deleted link

I realize you get what you pay for, but "Homesinrockford" reinforces why I would not consider a realtor until trying to sell on my own first. "Homesinrockford" would not consider reducing a commission even if the home sold in the first two weeks, so why not try it yourself first.
Since Homeowners concept is more $$ and I don't think their website is nearly as good or as visited as Rockford FSBO, I would go with Rockford FSBO first.
Rockford FSBO is 100 bucks plus 10 for multiple photos of each additional room. This is the fee for 4 months, which seems like plenty of time to me. I think 6 to 8 rooms of photos is also plenty to show potential buyers and that would run you about $160 to $180 with no commission to pay. That is not much to spend to see if you can sell it yourself while potentially saving a lot of money. Since this is so reasonable, you could also afford to advertise in the newspaper without adding too much more cost in trying to find a buyer.

As Jeff Hill stated, "over 80% of buyers look for their home on the web before even calling an agent"
so why not give it a go on your own at first.

Honestly, I have no ties to Rockford FSBO.com and have never used the site, but I know others who have use them and I have also been watching their site for a few years now. It looks like a very good product to me.
Thanks. FSBO was my original thought. Then I started thinking about contracts, closings, pre-qualifying and got nervous. I think FSBO is the way to start like you said. I am going to look into it a bit more.

Last edited by Beretta; 03-11-2008 at 08:08 PM.. Reason: made deletion in quoted post, thanks :)

Old 03-08-2008, 10:22 AM

572 posts, read 2,267,713 times
Try listing with FSBO and in your ad mention you welcome Realtors for a 3% commission.
Sales are down and some would love to get 3%.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois