Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 08:31 PM

1,067 posts, read 914,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
Where did u read I'm blaming everything on Ruiner? I do believe he is responsible for all the additional debt that has been piled on since he was elected, nothing before. I blame the democrats and republicans of years past for not having the balls to raise taxes minimally to keep the state ahead of its bills, but who can blame them when it's used as a political football to smear.
I've already proved you wrong time and time again on this point. The House and Senate dems had a veto proof supermajority until Nov. 2016 yet they failed to pass a budget...then waited until July 2017 to pass the same budget they woulda 2 years ago with higher taxes and no reform. Once again you are wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 10:11 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
The Dems run this state like it is an organized crime syndicate.

That's because it is.

Old 07-12-2017, 10:12 PM

2,924 posts, read 1,586,620 times
Quote:
Most of the "out migration" were poor African Americans that republicans hate anyway.
If Dems like them so much, why are they not trying to keep them but instead bringing in illegals to Chicago?

Old 07-13-2017, 11:53 AM

997 posts, read 849,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MongooseHugger View Post
If Dems like them so much, why are they not trying to keep them but instead bringing in illegals to Chicago?
If the repubs would move back to the middle (like they were in the 1950's) I would probably vote for them. But since they hate Labor so much I have no choice but to vote democratic. If IKE was still around I'd vote for him. I certainly side with repubs on welfare reform. I hate seeing generation after generation on welfare. On illegals, I would love to see deportions go up and stop the inflow of them. But don't think the repubs don't love the illegals, especially the business owners. They love the cheap, endless supply of cheap labor. We would never have to worry about minimum wage increases or "fight for fifteen demonstrations as the wages would be higher. If tRUUMF ever was successful in exporting the 20 million illegals the republicans would be crying foul because of the increase in wages.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:29 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,332,804 times
If I could PROVE that the DEMOCRATS have done more double crosses to their suppose "pals" in labor what would you say?

Old 07-13-2017, 02:45 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
Are you trolling or just stupid?
both and he can't even provide a link....typical liberal, let someone else take care of the work

Old 07-13-2017, 02:46 PM

1,874 posts, read 817,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
I've already proved you wrong time and time again on this point. The House and Senate dems had a veto proof supermajority until Nov. 2016 yet they failed to pass a budget...then waited until July 2017 to pass the same budget they woulda 2 years ago with higher taxes and no reform. Once again you are wrong.
he is a pidgeon on a chess board

Old 07-14-2017, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacobo1 View Post
both and he can't even provide a link....typical liberal, let someone else take care of the work
What you can't read? It was in Tuesday's or Wednesday trib, you find it!

Old 07-14-2017, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chet everett View Post
If I could PROVE that the DEMOCRATS have done more double crosses to their suppose "pals" in labor what would you say?
I would say they are the lessor of two evils. The Dems give labor some crumbs to eat once in a while, which is a lot more than the repubs. One minute your saying the he dems are in bed with unions, the next they are double crossing them. Which is it?

Old 07-14-2017, 06:08 PM

1,067 posts, read 914,716 times
Quote:
I would say they are the lessor of two evils. The Dems give labor some crumbs to eat once in a while, which is a lot more than the repubs. One minute your saying the he dems are in bed with unions, the next they are double crossing them. Which is it?
In Illinois you can see how the Dems are in bed with the unions but only to screw them. Yes they do fight for union labor and higher wages and collective bargaining. But at the same time they overpromise and underdeliver as with pensions just to get votes to stay in power. I'd be pissed if someone promised me $100 and I only got a $50...yet somehow labor keeps voting them in. I get it tho cause republicans want to get rid of unions.

When you take a step back the problem isn't organized labor...it's Madigan and the democrats and pensions. Pensions are the worst well-intentioned idea of all time. It bankrupts every company and municipality over time...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois