Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 10:45 AM

4,087 posts, read 3,204,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG CATS View Post
Yet people are fleeing blue states en masse and heading to red states, mainly because they're sick of the taxes and corruption and COL. You might not like states that "restrict women's rights", but ultimately its your policies and lifestyles that are undesirable because people are voting with their moving trucks.
Is this some admittance? If CNN said that? It would be labeled Fake News. But anyway, most Red states like Texas (not their major cities Red) the state has NO CORPORATE TAXES. THAT IS WHY THE MOVE THERE AND EXPAND THERE. The rest of us have to make decisions to move to these jobs where sprawling office parks are the norm and suburban sprawl growing.

Some want a America to have apart die off. A has-been liberal wasteland. I sure hope we can overcome a North of decline and stagnation. Then money goes to sprawl the New Red South and rebuild it built in flood zones again ... every few years as a new normal.

But a expanding NW Indiana still bodes well for Chicagoland as possibly Gary will even gentrify in the future as still part of Chicagoland. NW Indiana's life-blood -- IS STILL A VIBRANT CHICAGO. Wishing it's demise is a double-edged sword in problems no magic wand will fix .....

Why doesn't Indianapolis become a new Houston, Dallas or Austin?

Last edited by DavePa; 08-31-2017 at 10:56 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 11:22 AM

44 posts, read 43,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Is this some admittance? If CNN said that? It would be labeled Fake News. But anyway, most Red states like Texas (not their major cities Red) the state has NO CORPORATE TAXES. THAT IS WHY THE MOVE THERE AND EXPAND THERE. The rest of us have to make decisions to move to these jobs where sprawling office parks are the norm and suburban sprawl growing.

Some want a America to have apart die off. A has-been liberal wasteland. I sure hope we can overcome a North of decline and stagnation. Then money goes to sprawl the New Red South and rebuild it built in flood zones again ... every few years as a new normal.

But a expanding NW Indiana still bodes well for Chicagoland as possibly Gary will even gentrify in the future as still part of Chicagoland. NW Indiana's life-blood -- IS STILL A VIBRANT CHICAGO. Wishing it's demise is a double-edged sword in problems no magic wand will fix .....

Why doesn't Indianapolis become a new Houston, Dallas or Austin?
Indianapolis is already on its way to being the next Austin or Denver. All the growth and opportunity here bodes well for the future. Will be exciting to live here and watch it unfold.

Old 08-31-2017, 01:05 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,204,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fta23457 View Post
Indianapolis is already on its way to being the next Austin or Denver. All the growth and opportunity here bodes well for the future. Will be exciting to live here and watch it unfold.
Great as it is the premier city of Indiana. Maybe it can boast over Ohio cities too? But Illinois still has Chicago that is the motor of the Indiana NW. Surprisingly if it is so superior? Corporate America should not have abandoned it once the steel mills went. But re-established it with a new Corporate industrial corridor? It still left Indiana as all the Midwest/Northeast with a rust-belt.
I have no preference for Indiana over Illinois or visa versa. But Chicagoland is another animal that some politically? Have a need to see fail for a variety of reasons that again.... would hurt both states more then help.

I see Indianapolis as more a Houston built then Chicago? But still may suffer as a Oklahoma City and Kansas City as ..... not sunbelt but so close. Still comes down to Corporate taxing states vs those with none or very low.

I'd wish all our cities becoming all they can be. I hope for the whole Northeast/Midwest rise again. Rather in the same boat overall on no longer Corporate America's favorite regions to invest.

Old 09-02-2017, 12:43 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,385,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lepoisson View Post
If you are opening a Toyota factory, you need blue collar workers in a lower cost of living area.
If I was an executive in one of the Big 3 automakers, I would be concerned about the drinking water that the executives, professionals, and factory workers have to drink in Michigan. Flint is very close to Detroit; something must be wrong with the water in the region.

I'd move to Chicago and build factories in the South Side and put the corporate offices in The Loop. Moving away from the poisoned water should embarrass the anti-regulation Red States, especially the ever-redder Michigan. Putting factories in an economically devastated area would be good PR and free advertising on the news.

Old 09-02-2017, 08:44 AM

34,118 posts, read 18,364,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
You're deluding yourself if you think political corruption is reserved to Liberals and/or Progressives.
They have the media, education, and most of government on their side, so can be more corrupt than anyone. They are MORE corrupt, but you're right there are corrupt elsewhere also.

Old 09-02-2017, 10:12 AM

4,671 posts, read 7,345,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
They have the media, education, and most of government on their side, so can be more corrupt than anyone.
So yes, it would appear you are deluding yourself.

Old 09-03-2017, 12:39 PM

44 posts, read 43,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrTown View Post
If I was an executive in one of the Big 3 automakers, I would be concerned about the drinking water that the executives, professionals, and factory workers have to drink in Michigan. Flint is very close to Detroit; something must be wrong with the water in the region.

I'd move to Chicago and build factories in the South Side and put the corporate offices in The Loop. Moving away from the poisoned water should embarrass the anti-regulation Red States, especially the ever-redder Michigan. Putting factories in an economically devastated area would be good PR and free advertising on the news.
The water in Chicago is dirty too. Its no clean sparkling spring. You probably would go out of business with your decisions

Old 09-04-2017, 01:51 AM

34,118 posts, read 18,364,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
So yes, it would appear you are deluding yourself.
No, you just don't like what I say. Many people in Maryland seem to be delusional, especially when they are so dependent on government.

Old 09-04-2017, 07:35 AM

4,671 posts, read 7,345,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
No, you just don't like what I say. Many people in Maryland seem to be delusional, especially when they are so dependent on government.
you should take it up with the liberals and progressives who control the senate, house, and White House as you say. Oh wait...

Old 09-04-2017, 10:10 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,196,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fta23457 View Post
The water in Chicago is dirty too. Its no clean sparkling spring. You probably would go out of business with your decisions
You are delusional.

In fact, Chicago sources its drinking water deep offshore from Lake Michigan, one of the largest freshwater lakes in the world. Compared to other cities it is clean and tastes good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois