Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2019, 10:47 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,228,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
The best thing to do is move on and post on Indiana forums.
Yeah, people who are out of state are never allowed to speak out about issues.

Remember, what happens in IL stays in IL, we pinky swear!

When IL goes bankrupt and stiffs tons of bondholders from around the nation, we pinky swear that pension funds out of state won't cut benefits after taking a haircut on IL bonds. We double pinky swear!

When IL finally collapses into a third world warzone and there are rivers of migrants flooding other states, that won't negatively affect everyone else's lives, we triple pinky swear!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2019, 02:23 PM

4,150 posts, read 3,906,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post

When IL goes bankrupt and stiffs tons of bondholders from around the nation, we pinky swear that pension funds out of state won't cut benefits after taking a haircut on IL bonds. We double pinky swear!

When IL finally collapses into a third world warzone and there are rivers of migrants flooding other states, that won't negatively affect everyone else's lives, we triple pinky swear!
Well, fortunately, you'll be another state and can laugh. You are so lucky and we are envious.

Old 04-27-2019, 09:22 PM

381 posts, read 349,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post

You don't talk about it.
You talk **** about it.

Old 04-28-2019, 10:01 AM

5,317 posts, read 3,228,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago_Person View Post
You don't talk about it.
You talk **** about it.
Well there's plenty of **** to talk about dude! Bad decisions by (sociopath) politicians always affect more than just the people in the immediate area.

Quote:
Well, fortunately, you'll be another state and can laugh. You are so lucky and we are envious.
Well, I don't laugh. It is like driving past a train wreck, and now I know why traffic is horribly backed up on a stretch of road that doesn't normally have this kind of traffic.

In other words - bad stuff happened to people not involved in the train wreck and now I know why the bad stuff happened to them.

Old 05-01-2019, 11:41 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
So the homeowners are going to suffer the most,, but they will pass their extra costs down to the renters, so look for rents to rise also.

Old 05-06-2019, 01:59 PM

6,359 posts, read 8,836,776 times
Quote:
I’m not sure he’ll be able to laugh because any of those other 49 states is located in the good old United States of America and the quality of the US government compared to other national governments is a lot worse than the government of Illinois in comparison.

I’d offer up JB Pritzger and even Mike Madigan upbagainst Donald Trump and Mich McConnel any day.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:05 PM

11,582 posts, read 6,738,871 times
Quote:
The best thing to do is move on and post on Indiana forums. I'm glad you have found paradise. Best wishes.
Some of us that moved to Indiana still have a vested interest in what happens in Illinois. Most of us still work in Illinois or have family there, so we continue to follow the politics there. Sorry you're annoyed by that. Actually, not sorry.

Old 05-06-2019, 02:36 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edsg25 View Post
I’m not sure he’ll be able to laugh because any of those other 49 states is located in the good old United States of America and the quality of the US government compared to other national governments is a lot worse than the government of Illinois in comparison.

I’d offer up JB Pritzger and even Mike Madigan up against Donald Trump and Mich McConnel any day.
now THAT is some funny stuff right there!

Old 05-06-2019, 03:02 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,362,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
now THAT is some funny stuff right there!
What is funny about that? The obstructionist and his disciple, ripe for prison. Still on the Illinois forum? You must miss Illinois more than you know, you just can't stay away.

Old 05-06-2019, 04:00 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,920,834 times
well, its funny that anyone would think that the Pritzker/Madigan pair is somehow better than the Trump/McConnel combo..
Lets see which one of those "pairs" goes to prison first...I think Chubby Pritzker is in hot water for trying to pull a fast one with his real estate taxes..

and, I will continue to post here any time and on any topic I want to..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois