Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 08:29 PM

1,803 posts, read 935,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tolovefromANFIELD View Post
You can't be this naive, can you? Or have this black and white thinking? He hasn't done squat about any of the bills passed. They were for the most part, bi-partisan bills. None of them worked hard on them. It wasn't a hard sell.

It used to be Republicans were for smaller, more efficient, decentralized government. Just because you think they're spending money they don't have on things you care about, that doesn't make Republicans any less complicit. Or better.
Sometime extremism can eat people alive and nothing else matters. You are a professional with degrees good anywhere in the Nation. If you loathe Illinois and Chicago as you do. Again, unless there is some major personal issue keeping you in Illinois at a job you settled for anyway it seems? What is keeping you in Illinois? You have no like even toward anything here I have read. Just my observation. It goes political in every thread and post.

You know there are Conservative lead states and cities and they have companies that need skills of a Chemist also. Being in the suburbs you apparently do not need a large city core to satisfy you. So again, what keeps you in Illinois if you loathe it so. The state or your employer has no chain and lock on you preventing your - exit stage left. Seems you want the world to change around you rather then seek a world more to you liking and political persuasion and seek a new life in a much better fiscally run state if many exist and city.

It is sad to think anyone with degrees and education to stay in a place they do loathe. Maybe I missed any post of something you like about Chicagoland even? I must have for you to be young and like you must stay? If for family and personal whatever that is fine. But I do not think you ever said you could not? So start searching conservative states and cities that remain conservative for possible relocating and finally feel content in leaving your house and roaming the state of Illinois.

I can't imagine if young? You would feel so trapped having gotten a education. My brother is a Geologist by major. He had no problem with work and pay to support his family. He travels the Nation for his job. Is a stanch Democrat and his wife's brothers are all in the local Democratic political circles holding jobs. All live suburban lifestyles with the principle city they are next too with plenty of its own issues similar to Chicago's. I am sure you know what I mean. My brothers suburban lifestyle never in a Union and Wife's family also all would seem to be Conservatives but are not. Has something have him keep this position all his life thru middle-age now and never wavers.

Anyway good luck in finding some happy medium if you stay put. Most of us change our views in each stage of life. I went from more conservative to seeing a different side as I got older and held for a while a blue-collar job. I also live frugally in a city that also has its issues. But despite knowing and mixing with many Conservatives. I do no link myself to being one for various reasons. I claim to be a moderate but still find I sway Democrat. I see both sides though and maintain my vote to go either way. VOWING never to become a extremist either way.

I hope in a year or two or three? You are not in Illinois saying the same things on C-D and someone might ask the same thing???? Why do you stay? If not married with children and young? It is a no-brainer to look for a greener pasture that might not be on the prairie.

Last edited by NoHyping; 05-13-2020 at 08:37 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2020, 09:22 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,427,673 times
There is nothing extreme about not taxing working people out of their homes. In fact anyone, who could defend what every objective source has declared to be one of the worst run states in the country is the real extremest and is to deluded to realize it.

I truly do not understand how anyone can accept a govt corrupt enough to cause an exodus of its residents in the USA. Clearly the people leaving are not appreciative of the efforts of the Democratic party to "fight for them". All you compassionate liberals defending a govt that is driving people from their homes are a joke.

Old 05-14-2020, 04:36 AM

4,149 posts, read 3,904,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post
Sometime extremism can eat people alive and nothing else matters. You are a professional with degrees good anywhere in the Nation. If you loathe Illinois and Chicago as you do. Again, unless there is some major personal issue keeping you in Illinois at a job you settled for anyway it seems? What is keeping you in Illinois? You have no like even toward anything here I have read. Just my observation. It goes political in every thread and post.

You know there are Conservative lead states and cities and they have companies that need skills of a Chemist also. Being in the suburbs you apparently do not need a large city core to satisfy you. So again, what keeps you in Illinois if you loathe it so. The state or your employer has no chain and lock on you preventing your - exit stage left. Seems you want the world to change around you rather then seek a world more to you liking and political persuasion and seek a new life in a much better fiscally run state if many exist and city.

It is sad to think anyone with degrees and education to stay in a place they do loathe. Maybe I missed any post of something you like about Chicagoland even? I must have for you to be young and like you must stay? If for family and personal whatever that is fine. But I do not think you ever said you could not? So start searching conservative states and cities that remain conservative for possible relocating and finally feel content in leaving your house and roaming the state of Illinois.

I can't imagine if young? You would feel so trapped having gotten a education. My brother is a Geologist by major. He had no problem with work and pay to support his family. He travels the Nation for his job. Is a stanch Democrat and his wife's brothers are all in the local Democratic political circles holding jobs. All live suburban lifestyles with the principle city they are next too with plenty of its own issues similar to Chicago's. I am sure you know what I mean. My brothers suburban lifestyle never in a Union and Wife's family also all would seem to be Conservatives but are not. Has something have him keep this position all his life thru middle-age now and never wavers.

Anyway good luck in finding some happy medium if you stay put. Most of us change our views in each stage of life. I went from more conservative to seeing a different side as I got older and held for a while a blue-collar job. I also live frugally in a city that also has its issues. But despite knowing and mixing with many Conservatives. I do no link myself to being one for various reasons. I claim to be a moderate but still find I sway Democrat. I see both sides though and maintain my vote to go either way. VOWING never to become a extremist either way.

I hope in a year or two or three? You are not in Illinois saying the same things on C-D and someone might ask the same thing???? Why do you stay? If not married with children and young? It is a no-brainer to look for a greener pasture that might not be on the prairie.
Nothing will change, whining and complaining will still be going on.

Old 05-14-2020, 08:01 AM

Location: In a city within a state where politicians come to get their PHDs in Corruption
2,907 posts, read 2,068,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoHyping View Post

I think you quoted a wrong guy.....

Old 05-18-2020, 02:04 PM

617 posts, read 538,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Why would Trump pay the country bills when he never did as a private citizen. He is called the king of debt and Mr. Bankruptcy for a reason.

Is that so? Or it's just another CNN's fake tale? I'd guess he'd be behind bars already if he didn't pay his bills.

Unless you suggest the US was so massively corrupted under Obama that he just got free ride without paying his taxes.

Old 05-18-2020, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Is that so? Or it's just another CNN's fake tale? I'd guess he'd be behind bars already if he didn't pay his bills.

Unless you suggest the US was so massively corrupted under Obama that he just got free ride without paying his taxes.
Umm I consider multiple bankruptcies as not paying your bills.

Old 05-19-2020, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Umm I consider multiple bankruptcies as not paying your bills.
No response go figure. lol

Old 06-17-2022, 10:30 AM

4,948 posts, read 3,053,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BRU67 View Post
This. Those who want to vote him in "just to give him a try" because Rauner "failed" should think long and hard about that decision. It could be disastrous and irreversible.

They didn't think, it was a disaster.

Old 06-18-2022, 08:29 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,759,259 times
If you want the truly bad news, just think. You have at least another 2 and a half years of this or more to look forward to with NO way out. Unless of course you pack your bags and hope to find someplace not infused with a like-minded governor or overall governmental way of doing things. It will certainly be interesting to watch Illinois grapple with the coming recession and issues that are about to compound upon this country at large. I'm sorry to say but if you haven't left there yet, you are likely stuck for more than just the duration.

Old 06-19-2022, 02:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcisive View Post
If you want the truly bad news, just think. You have at least another 2 and a half years of this or more to look forward to with NO way out. Unless of course you pack your bags and hope to find someplace not infused with a like-minded governor or overall governmental way of doing things. It will certainly be interesting to watch Illinois grapple with the coming recession and issues that are about to compound upon this country at large. I'm sorry to say but if you haven't left there yet, you are likely stuck for more than just the duration.
The state you moved to with real people must be boring as you sure have Illinois on your mind and keep coming back to this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois