Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2018, 12:41 PM
Status: "My worldview is based on the inerrant word of God." (set 25 days ago)

18,736 posts, read 6,816,262 times

Advertisements

Watching a football game...every single break I see his mug telling us that everyone is struggling due to Rauner's budget crisis. And that he'll "fight for a budget that helps everyone". LOL...right. He'll sign whatever Madigan gives him if he gets in.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2018, 12:53 PM

3,204 posts, read 3,467,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Watching a football game...every single break I see his mug telling us that everyone is struggling due to Rauner's budget crisis. And that he'll "fight for a budget that helps everyone". LOL...right. He'll sign whatever Madigan gives him if he gets in.
The most reprehensible commercials are those where Pritzker starts talking about his father's death and his mother's alcoholism. I understand that everyone suffers, it's the human condition. However, he always leaves out the part where the family had billions of dollars. That makes a huge difference.

Old 10-13-2018, 04:30 PM

4,671 posts, read 7,340,689 times
All political ads are annoying and assume the viewer is a moron. What else is new? I mean those commercials of Rauner as a “good ole average joe” in flannel and a Carhart jacket were idiotic. The man is a billionaire and knows nothing about average Illinoisans. Who would be gullible enough to believe that BS? (Apparently enough, as he got elected) And it played ad nauseum...

Old 10-13-2018, 05:15 PM

6,703 posts, read 6,390,507 times
and when he laughs he looks just like blago. Scary. I'm voting for Rauner!

Old 10-13-2018, 06:46 PM

3,204 posts, read 3,467,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
I mean those commercials of Rauner as a “good ole average joe” in flannel and a Carhart jacket were idiotic. The man is a billionaire and knows nothing about average Illinoisans. Who would be gullible enough to believe that BS? (Apparently enough, as he got elected) And it played ad nauseum...
I've known the Governor since I was a kid, and I can tell you that he has always worn flannel and ridden a motorcycle. He is not a stereotypical North Shore executive. He's self-made and attended some public high school in Phoenix after spending much of his childhood in Deerfield. He is not a BS artist the way Pritzker is.

Old 10-13-2018, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I've known the Governor since I was a kid, and I can tell you that he has always worn flannel and ridden a motorcycle. He is not a stereotypical North Shore executive. He's self-made and attended some public high school in Phoenix after spending much of his childhood in Deerfield. He is not a BS artist the way Pritzker is.
Most people have seen through the charade of calling a Dartmouth and Harvard grad as a salt-of-the-earth kind of guy from Deerfield who knows, or even can pretend to know, the average middle class woes of a farmer from Peoria. His bio reads exactly like a North-shore exec. Rauner is absolutely full of BS just like just about every other wealthy Chicago-based politician, and many see right through it now:

http://www.sj-r.com/opinion/20171111...emplate=ampart

I’ve personally seen him pull this farce at the farmer’s market in Springfield.

The only thing Rauner proved when he won the gubernatorial race was that money could buy you a governor’s seat in Illinois. But we all already knew that...

Old 10-13-2018, 07:38 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,334,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post

Four years of failure is enough. I voted for the guy, but not this time. A man unable to compromise, costing the taxpayers one billion dollars. The only good thing he did was restore the Governor's mansion, but that is not enough for me. I am ready for change, and if Prizker doesn't work out, time to move onto another. I am ready to get rid of this mistake, and his poorly dressed self. Where is his wife before he walks out of the house and goes to the set of those commercials dressed like a yokel?

Old 10-13-2018, 07:50 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,194,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
He is not a BS artist the way Pritzker is.
That’s naive AF.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:33 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,330,139 times
Pritzker is another shady Chicago Democrat. Rauner did a few questionable things that I disagree with but overall he did what I expected, acted as a road block for the Dems to continue putting us on the road to ruin and pain.

I honestly didn't think with all the same racketeers that caused this mess still there and in the majority he would be able to really fix anything if fixing things is even possible at this point. I see no way the state can raise $250E9. The simple fact is the Dems have shown they care only about themselves and their cronies and don't give a crap about the taxpayers who they see as peasants. Unfortunately I expect Pritzker to win and more bad things to come from the Democratic Party.

Old 10-13-2018, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Pritzker is another shady Chicago Democrat. Rauner did a few questionable things that I disagree with but overall he did what I expected, acted as a road block for the Dems to continue putting us on the road to ruin and pain.

I honestly didn't think with all the same racketeers that caused this mess still there and in the majority he would be able to really fix anything if fixing things is even possible at this point. I see no way the state can raise $250E9. The simple fact is the Dems have shown they care only about themselves and their cronies and don't give a crap about the taxpayers who they see as peasants. Unfortunately I expect Pritzker to win and more bad things to come from the Democratic Party.
Pritzker will win because Rauner was an unmitigated failure, and it’s foolish not to recognize it. Bruce didn’t run on a “all I’ll do is act like an impotent sack of flour” platform. People voted for him because he promised action and change. Bruce was unable to show basic leadership and did not manage any sort of “Illinois turnaround” he promised. The majority of the voters in the state recognize so, and you will see that reflected in November.

Last edited by Maintainschaos; 10-13-2018 at 09:08 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois