Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2019, 01:28 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,918,343 times

Advertisements

maybe some day, Madigan and his band of thieves will be gone, and people will elect leaders who understand you cant tax your way our of a fiscal spending nightmare; only by spending LESS, and, of course,changing the constitution that the criminal Madigan got Amended to keep the ridiculous, pension "plan" in tact, will there be any chance of Illinois returning to some sort of fiscal "normality"..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2019, 02:42 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,903,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmatite View Post
oh, so you're just a liar AND a moron

carry on
Lighten up Francis!

Old 02-21-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
Thank you Dave for that. Illinois does have tax and pension issues for sure, for which we have now elected a governor who is aggressively trying to solve in a public way. Legalizing pot is one way, all the tourists visiting are welcome to buy it and lessen our debt.

People like Wase and Smegmatite are the definition of the word "malcontent"; they come to a party and drag it down, come into a discussion and wreck it with negativity, and generally have an agenda to bad mouth where they are from to make their decisions in life seem better. The only way Wase can make himself and his life feel better in his place of exile in Phoenix is to spread awful posts about Illinois and Chicago. I am not the police her or a moderator, but am really appalled that someone who grew up here has such a chip on their shoulders. I am a transplant here, and am here because of all the positives.

They are the Jussie Smolettes to Chicago; Police Chief Eddie Johnson so eloquently said that this guy slapped the face of every Chicagoan by his actions; so too do these posters from 1500 miles away who have no life and such venom that they just cannot help themselves.
Great post. Why people that leave the state continue to come back to this forum and bash it is beyond me.

I suspect they are not real happy where they landed or perhaps they do not get enough fiber in their diet. I am not a medical or psychiatric doctor only play one on the internet.

Old 02-21-2019, 05:52 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,425,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasperhobbs View Post
Great post. Why people that leave the state continue to come back to this forum and bash it is beyond me.
Or perhaps they are resentful of being driven from their homes by corrupt scum. I can't imagine why that would be though.

Old 02-21-2019, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Or perhaps they are resentful of being driven from their homes by corrupt scum. I can't imagine why that would be though.
They need to get over it and get on with their lives in their new location.

Old 02-21-2019, 07:14 PM

213 posts, read 166,070 times
Updates:

Looks like this year things are moving fast.

“Pritzker has said that legalizing recreational cannabis could generate as much as $1 billion in tax revenue a year. If approved this spring, the next budget would include $170 million in start-up distributors' licensing fees. But he said there would be more than a fiscal impact”

“Pritzker said he would add $375 million to public education funding, which is $25 million more than is required by a 2017 revamped funding formula. He also would provide more money for early childhood education and universities and beef up public safety with more Illinois State Police troopers.”

source:
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pan...38bbc.amp.html

Old 02-21-2019, 07:24 PM

not even Colorado or California, generate anywhere near that amount of tax revenue, and, with Michigan already legal, and Wisconsin announcing last week their move in that direction, its a dream to think that number is based on any sort of reality..plus, with those ridiculous licensing and tax rates, all he will do is keep the Black Market for pot thriving in Illinois..

and, without raising taxes, where exactly did he say he is promising to come up with 375 million for schools?

This guy is a joke already...

Old 02-21-2019, 07:32 PM

4,087 posts, read 3,241,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
not even Colorado or California, generate anywhere near that amount of tax revenue, and, with Michigan already legal, and Wisconsin announcing last week their move in that direction, its a dream to think that number is based on any sort of reality..plus, with those ridiculous licensing and tax rates, all he will do is keep the Black Market for pot thriving in Illinois..

and, without raising taxes, where exactly did he say he is promising to come up with 375 million for schools?

This guy is a joke already...
Would you really complement a Democrat from Illinois? You see the state DOA period.

Old 02-21-2019, 08:59 PM

Well, Blago was entertaining, thats for sure...and, I grew up with the original Mayor Daley, and, when I was a kid, I thought he was the greatest mayor ever..until he ordered the cops to shoot to kill us while protesting in Grant Park during the Dem Convention..
Those were the "good old days" in Illinois...

Old 02-22-2019, 02:09 AM

426 posts, read 334,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wase4711 View Post
with those ridiculous licensing and tax rates, all he will do is keep the Black Market for pot thriving in Illinois
In California, they’ve upped the taxes on legal pot sales to almost 40%. So customers just went back to their old street dealers. Nobody's going to pay $360 for an ounce of pot, plus tax, when a simple trip to their local dealer will get them the same exact thing for a lot less. But a 20% Illinois tax ought to be doable, raising some revenue without much of the market remaining illegal. Providing, of course, that the licensing costs are minimal (why should it take more than $100 for an initial inspection and to be handed a rule book?) and the regulations clear and reasonable (for example - security doors, secure cash handling and ID checks required).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois