Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2019, 11:20 PM

1,417 posts, read 734,421 times

Advertisements

Pritzker orders Illinois Medicaid to pay for sex reassignment surgery

I am wondering how Illinois public sector pensioners or would be pensioners and taxpayers feel about a State that has massively underfunded pension obligations and a massive debt load, unpaid vendors, etc feel about the Governor starting yet another taxpayer funded entitlement program?

When you respond please if you are an ordinary taxpayer (i.e. not going to receive a public pension), a current pensioner or future pensioner.

Me: I am an ordinary taxpayer, ex-resident of Illinois (I relocated my businesses outside of Illinois) although I pay property taxes on my last remaining single family residence.

My view is if I were governor and I cared to meet the state's pension obligations I would scrape every dime I could and put it toward the pensions (I might use that as a negotiation lever) and I would not start any new programs, the state is in a fiscal crisis. Spending like this makes it harder to pass a income tax increase.

As a taxpayer, in some ways I am for it. I think it is an idea that will hasten the State's decline, but I think at this point the sooner the collapse the sooner a new Illinois can emerge.

It is obvious the ranks of those effected will swell as the news gets out and people migrate to Illinois to have their surgery done at taxpayer expense thus siphoning away more tax dollars, tax dollars that could be used for pensions.

In fact,it is not about the actual dollar amount but the principle.

Those are a part of my thoughts....and yours are???

l
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2019, 08:01 AM

2,194 posts, read 1,851,773 times
I think this particular issue is an eyedropper in Lake Michigan. Won't make any difference. There aren't exactly thousands of these surgeries being done. It's peculiar to make this a priority though, right now.

Old 04-08-2019, 10:03 AM

617 posts, read 538,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfAndrewJackson View Post
Pritzker orders Illinois Medicaid to pay for sex reassignment surgery

I am wondering how Illinois public sector pensioners or would be pensioners and taxpayers feel about a State that has massively underfunded pension obligations and a massive debt load, unpaid vendors, etc feel about the Governor starting yet another taxpayer funded entitlement program?

It is obvious the ranks of those effected will swell as the news gets out and people migrate to Illinois to have their surgery done at taxpayer expense thus siphoning away more tax dollars, tax dollars that could be used for pensions.

In fact,it is not about the actual dollar amount but the principle.

l

Well, it's hardly surprising for a democratic state with a democratic governor.

Democrats are generally don't do well on fiscal matters, they just push all that is against nature and common sense - gay rights, free sex changes, endless unskilled immigration, endless broken social programs which specifically allow abuse and support of people who just don't feel like working, black racism, etc.

Not to say that republicans are without their fault - those seem to favor rich folks and corporate profits over the rest of the nation. The political system in this country is utterly broken, with no fix visible even in the far future.

Old 04-08-2019, 11:14 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,404,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by civis View Post
Democrats are generally don't do well on fiscal matters, they just push all that is against nature and common sense - gay rights, free sex changes, endless unskilled immigration, endless broken social programs which specifically allow abuse and support of people who just don't feel like working, black racism, etc.
Wow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois