Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 02:10 PM

233 posts, read 83,565 times

Advertisements

Hiruko, yeah bashing. When you come up with excuses that Illinois is the worst of the bunch on an economic standpoint, what do you think that is exactly? Then you don’t do said research and get proven wrong that there are other states worse off then Illinois. I don’t care whether or not you made a thread about politics. Go back and read the original topic. Wasn’t trying to make this political. The only solution to a fiscally unhealthy state is what according to Citydata? Bring up politics. You have ungrateful runts who live within state borders and whine and moan. It’s simple. Get out. You don’t want to pay taxes. There’s taxes everywhere you go unfortunately. So spare us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 03:09 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,427,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsell View Post
Illinois is run by sociopaths.

Sociopaths like to hurt people for their benefit. That's why things are the way they are in Illinois.
Exactly this. My family has lived in Illinois for a little over 100 years. I hate seeing sociopaths handing out big pensions to their cronies and then taxing old ladies and working families out of their homes.

One of my aunts lives in a northern suburb. She is a widow and earns a very small income and is going to have to walk away from her home via deed in lieu of foreclosure. She barely manages to pay the $11k per year in taxes for her small ranch but because her house is less kept than her neighbors they sicked a bunch of code officers to demand she do $15k in improvements to her house which she cannot afford (not a HOA, the government) or they will start fining her out the wazoo.

These are the type of people who run the state. Democrats.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:15 PM

997 posts, read 850,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
The prospects for Illinois are grim and getting grimmer. I see no way that the state can extract the $250E9 it needs to pay the pensions and other bills, the taxes are soaring, and residents are leaving. Simply telling people to move is a worthless blow off to the problems that have been blown off for decades and have simply gotten worse. Can you imagine if the Chicago Police Chief held a press conference and told the people to just stop complaining and move if you don't like the violence? I get that some of you don't like being reminded of the fact that the party you idolize as the heroes of the working people have failed everyone and took care of only themselves and their cronies.
Yet you continue to live here, lol.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:18 PM

997 posts, read 850,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
Great post. The bitterness towards Chicago by the rest of the state is warranted. Chicago's future is pretty much set in stone. The Democratic machine running this city has run it into the ground. What happened in Detroit will eventually be Chicago's fate. When this happens, will the voters learn anything? Doubtful. They still think there's an endless money tree somewhere.
Illinois would just be another poor state like Oklahoma, Arkansas, etc. without Chicago. Everyone here knows Chicago doesn’t need Illinois, Illinois needs Chicago.

Old 05-19-2019, 04:41 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,904,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
Yet you continue to live here, lol.
Well said

Old 05-19-2019, 04:51 PM

4,675 posts, read 7,404,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liledgy View Post
Illinois would just be another poor state like Oklahoma, Arkansas, etc. without Chicago. Everyone here knows Chicago doesn’t need Illinois, Illinois needs Chicago.
Illinois without Chicago would actually be a lot like Iowa with a slightly higher population and GDP. And Chicago benefits from the major ag and other resources from the state as well as infrastructure that helps it maintain its strategic logistics hub.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:21 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,550,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgzown View Post
Hiruko, yeah bashing. When you come up with excuses that Illinois is the worst of the bunch on an economic standpoint, what do you think that is exactly? Then you don’t do said research and get proven wrong that there are other states worse off then Illinois. I don’t care whether or not you made a thread about politics. Go back and read the original topic. Wasn’t trying to make this political. The only solution to a fiscally unhealthy state is what according to Citydata? Bring up politics. You have ungrateful runts who live within state borders and whine and moan. It’s simple. Get out. You don’t want to pay taxes. There’s taxes everywhere you go unfortunately. So spare us
Ok. Now I know you are definitely a troll.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:37 PM

Hiruko, and now we know you are a troll with no life. What’s worse at the end of the day? You are so bitter about the corruption and taxes that Chicago and Illinois offer. I gave you a solution. Leave. Simple. I’ve never heard a forum talk this much trash about a city and be so bitter, especially after they supposedly left said city. It’s pathetic. When you leave, move on. Don’t continue to hold a grudge.

Old 05-19-2019, 05:41 PM

MSChemist, let me ask you a personal question? What is the purpose of family? Your family is there to help you out during difficult times, be it financially wise, health wise, whatever. You talk about this aunt struggling but I bet you don’t help her with said bills, correct?

Last edited by Surgzown; 05-19-2019 at 05:43 PM.. Reason: Misspelled word

Old 05-19-2019, 06:40 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,550,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgzown View Post
Hiruko, and now we know you are a troll with no life. What’s worse at the end of the day? You are so bitter about the corruption and taxes that Chicago and Illinois offer. I gave you a solution. Leave. Simple. I’ve never heard a forum talk this much trash about a city and be so bitter, especially after they supposedly left said city. It’s pathetic. When you leave, move on. Don’t continue to hold a grudge.
I know that you are a troll on this forum, because I don't feel the way you describe, and I haven't said most of what you claim. That's how I know that you are a troll.

Me? Leave Illinois? You truly must be on something. 🤣
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois