Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2019, 06:53 PM

233 posts, read 83,470 times

Advertisements

We also know you’re a troll Hiruko regardless of whether you stay in Illinois or not. For someone who says they love Illinois, sure doesn’t seem like it from your comments. You wouldn’t bash the city/state at every conjecture troll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2019, 08:49 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surgzown View Post
MSChemist, let me ask you a personal question? What is the purpose of family? Your family is there to help you out during difficult times, be it financially wise, health wise, whatever. You talk about this aunt struggling but I bet you don’t help her with said bills, correct?
I don't have $15k to bail her out and it is probably a lost cause. The govt will just find another reason to threaten her. That is what leftists are good for. Tyrannizing the people and stealing their money for themselves and their cronies. The government here truly is a disgrace and a farce.

I have offered to let her move into my place though.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:13 AM

3,154 posts, read 2,064,837 times
Quote:
We also know you’re a troll Hiruko regardless of whether you stay in Illinois or not. For someone who says they love Illinois, sure doesn’t seem like it from your comments. You wouldn’t bash the city/state at every conjecture troll.
Why could he not be what he says - someone with deep attachment to the state, but unhappy with how it is run, and unwilling to give support to said mismanagement through silence? By voicing his concerns, he has the chance to change minds, votes, and actions within the place he says he loves. Seems reasonable to me; much better than remaining silent, or abandoning what he considers worth fighting for.

I myself have pretty much given up on the joint. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate his, or even your, viewpoint. In fact, I've pretty much adopted yours as my own, but want to exercise my right to miss and poan until I'm gone, I'm paying for it. But the only reasons I'd move to Cali are for the weather and the scenery. Both are great, but not worth the price of admission to have to put up with the detriments there (like the constant attack on the second amendment, or paying taxes to support a government I'd be at odds with (like Illinois - talk about going from the frying pan into the fire, whew - but at least I wouldn't have to shovel snow). Maybe we'll run into one another in Vegas, who knows.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:21 PM

I don't want her home and to be liable for her taxes/insurance/fines. Her home is old, and ugly and the govt will just find 20 other things wrong once she fixes the first $15k in stuff. If they want the house torn down nothing is going to stop them from forcing her out. Even for a Dem, your comments are ignorant.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:23 PM

3,208 posts, read 3,543,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly Q. Bobalink View Post
Why could he not be what he says - someone with deep attachment to the state, but unhappy with how it is run, and unwilling to give support to said mismanagement through silence? By voicing his concerns, he has the chance to change minds, votes, and actions within the place he says he loves. Seems reasonable to me; much better than remaining silent, or abandoning what he considers worth fighting for.
Thank you. I'm not even particularly vocal on Illinois politics on this forum. I don't support the political leadership in this state, and I recognize that the state has a lot of problems. Loving and enjoying your home should not necessitate endorsing its political leadership.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:30 PM

Indeed Illinois and Chicago would be a really great place to live if we didn't have corrupt, idiotic Dems mismanaging the government and parasitizing the people which is why so many people are moving to Northwest Indiana. You get to be close to Chicago without the political baggage.

Old 05-20-2019, 01:55 PM

2,029 posts, read 2,358,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiruko View Post
I didn't write anything about an economic outlook beyond stating the fact that Philadelphia and Greater New York have done better than Chicago economically in recent history. I disagree with the analysis that New York City is 'on the brink of bankruptcy,' but even so, Illinois cannot legally file for bankruptcy. It's a completely different scenario.
Philadelphia is slightly stronger percentage wise than Chicago, but Chicago is well economically, and has a much larger GDP. I am of the opinion that Chicago will survive. All the doomdayers on here; I had to read through the real estate suffering from the Debbie Downers on this forum, when real estate in my area is selling at a good clip with sold signs everywhere. Crime is down, unemployment is down, construction up, and the whiners on this forum are up.

Old 05-20-2019, 04:14 PM

233 posts, read 83,470 times
MSChemist, do you even know what a Democrat is politically? You can’t call someone a Democrat when you have no idea what it is in the first place. Especially when that same comment is referred to person who just posted that he never in his entire lifetime has voted Dem at any election. So who looks ignorant now?

Old 05-20-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
MSChemist, do you even know what a Democrat is politically? You can’t call someone a Democrat when you have no idea what it is in the first place. Especially when that same comment is referred to person who just posted that he never in his entire lifetime has voted Dem at any election. So who looks ignorant now?
You're referring to an orphaned post. Liledgy's post was deleted.

Old 05-20-2019, 05:15 PM

4,149 posts, read 3,901,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
Indeed Illinois and Chicago would be a really great place to live if we didn't have corrupt, idiotic Dems mismanaging the government and parasitizing the people which is why so many people are moving to Northwest Indiana. You get to be close to Chicago without the political baggage.
So why in the world didn't you just buy a house in Northwest Indiana and then you wouldn't have the anger and could post on Indiana forums how great everything is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois