Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 05:58 PM

426 posts, read 334,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Did you see in the Trib this am that one of the no votes was given some plum position to get him out of the House? It's disgusting what they do to pass their stuff.
"So Pritzker is now taking desperate measures, such as removing anti-progressive tax Rep. Jerry Costello, D-Smithton, by giving him a cushy agency directorship (and a reason to resign from the House)."

https://www.chicagotribune.com/opini...522-story.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2019, 10:30 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
3 days to go! Is there anyway for the public to even know what if any votes are scheduled this week? or can they just willy-nilly bring up a vote whenever they want?

Old 05-28-2019, 11:20 AM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
I think the house voted to put the tax ref on the ballot in 2020, but not the senate..only 2 days left till these morons are off for their "well deserved" vacation..

Old 05-31-2019, 09:42 PM

3,486 posts, read 2,181,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Kind Of Town View Post
Can we at least wait until they’ve missed the first deadline before deeming it a failure? So many posters just can’t help themselves and are so anxious for the state to fall into deeper despair it seems.
Like I said a week ago. No surprise this thread has gone quiet over the past few days...

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chi...story,amp.html

https://www.google.com/amp/s/chicago...ductive-health

Old 05-31-2019, 10:07 PM

I'll give him a high five for getting legal MJ into the end zone, but the rest of his agenda doesn't do much for me. Would have liked to see sports betting approved, but looks like that one got lost in the shuffle.

Old 06-01-2019, 12:31 AM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
I'll give him a high five for getting legal MJ into the end zone, but the rest of his agenda doesn't do much for me. Would have liked to see sports betting approved, but looks like that one got lost in the shuffle.
Yeah, I mean if nothing else, I would consider that an achievement. Now, I just hope that the state of Illinois actually makes marijuana accessible to people and doesn’t overload it with bureaucratic red tape in terms of getting businesses up and running.

Old 06-01-2019, 04:20 AM

638 posts, read 240,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
Yeah, I mean if nothing else, I would consider that an achievement. Now, I just hope that the state of Illinois actually makes marijuana accessible to people and doesn’t overload it with bureaucratic red tape in terms of getting businesses up and running.
And tax the hell out of it like cigs.. in the shape this state is in, how pathetic that the focus was allowing people to smoke dope.. this state is a total dumpster fire

Old 06-01-2019, 06:02 AM

3,486 posts, read 2,181,809 times
Quote:
It ain’t over til it’s over

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.leg...-day-2019/amp/

Old 06-01-2019, 06:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
And tax the hell out of it like cigs.. in the shape this state is in, how pathetic that the focus was allowing people to smoke dope.. this state is a total dumpster fire
That's an opinion, just like mine, but my opinion is that it should legal nationwide so cannot fault Illinois for legalizing. It's one of the few logical things they have done. So hats off to JB for pulling that one off.

Old 06-01-2019, 09:13 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,568,351 times
Quote:
I didn't vote for him, but gave him the benefit of the doubt. As of today, looks like all his initiatives are in a death spiral. Only a little over a week left in session and no votes scheduled (AFAIK) on any of his major initiatives?

Appears even a Democrat Gov cannot get anything done in Illinois.
Looks like JB over promised and under delivered. It's that what all politicians do? It's like dating, you tell the woman everything she wants to hear until you get what you want. Then show your true colors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois