Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2019, 02:45 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,339,629 times

Advertisements

The weather is what it is. There are few areas of the country that have nice weather more than 1/2-2/3 of the year. The Northern half is cold and snowy in winter, the southern half is hot and humid all summer, the PNW is rainy and cloudy all the time etc.

I'm much more concerned about the govt taxing me out of my house because Democrats love helping the working people/middle class lol. That will be the reason I am out of here like a bat out of h#ll when I retire.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2019, 02:51 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,883,600 times
well, phoenix is fantastic from late September until early June, so that's almost 8 months of heaven..

Old 09-30-2019, 01:23 AM

7,687 posts, read 5,084,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
The weather is what it is. There are few areas of the country that have nice weather more than 1/2-2/3 of the year. The Northern half is cold and snowy in winter, the southern half is hot and humid all summer, the PNW is rainy and cloudy all the time etc.

I'm much more concerned about the govt taxing me out of my house because Democrats love helping the working people/middle class lol. That will be the reason I am out of here like a bat out of h#ll when I retire.
Exactly

Weather is one of he top reasons I want out

Other reasons are

1. Outrageous taxes
2. Gridlocked roads
3. Construction every where you go
4. Crap roads with potholes
5. Too many people
6. Illegals aliens all over the place
7. Commie schools
8. Tolls
9. Outrageous property taxes

Old 09-30-2019, 08:29 AM

748 posts, read 823,609 times
Uhm...if it sucks here, why don't you move?

Old 09-30-2019, 08:40 AM

629 posts, read 534,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
This last winter was terrible. Snow and freaking cold from November to May. Tons of rain and a useless June. July August and half of September were fair but now were into more useless rain And crap weather. And winter is just around the corner

12 more years of this dump
12 years? good god man, leave now, don't be an idiot

Old 09-30-2019, 09:45 AM

6,703 posts, read 6,398,841 times
12 more years until retirement? Hey, that's a light at the end of tunnel right there!

I actually like the weather here, but agree on some of the other concerns. I can live anywhere and looked hard, but could not find a utopia, wish one existed. Most seem to think San Diego has the best weather, but CoL is through the roof and if you think Illinois is left leaning, you won't like Cali. Plus, I really like a good blizzard here and there. Thinking about getting an RV after the kids graduate and just floating around the country.

Old 09-30-2019, 10:02 AM

4,616 posts, read 3,164,151 times
Good day, all. I quoted my above written response, to a co-worker today. We talked about how Correctional Officers can have years experience and yet are SO negative. It seems like the obvious response would be: why not just RELOCATE to a different job? I explained that one possible theory may be that people grow up in a household where they constantly heard negative messages and attitudes, and then internalized them. Certainly everyone DOES choose their own attitude. Trust me, I get my bad days (dealing with an ex-wife, house or car issues, etc.) But I have to NOT forget what great things I have: Shelter, Food, a job, good health, 3 great children!). SEEK, AND YE SHALL FIND THE POSITIVES AROUND YOU, to help counter the things you don't like!... OR JUST MOVE AWAY! But make sure moving away isn't trying to move away from the REAL problem: an attitude that needs to change!- Master Jay in Milwaukee

Old 09-30-2019, 10:53 AM

4,852 posts, read 2,961,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
We talked about how Correctional Officers can have years experience and yet are SO negative. It seems like the obvious response would be: why not just RELOCATE to a different job?

Most in this profession would have be re-trained, or graduate from C.O. to police officer to change profession.
Was just talking w/a 20 year veteran in my town P.D., who says he hears job related complaints all the time from fellow officers. Yet we pay them way more than surrounding communities, starting rookie salary=$72K; most earn closer to 100. He always tells them, "What are you complaining about, you make more than college professors"!.

For me weather is usually the final straw, when other things in life are making me miserable; I too complain about record rainfall rates.
Yet this doesn't annoy me as much as paying taxes...so.

Old 09-30-2019, 11:16 AM

12 posts, read 11,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
Weather is one of he top reasons I want out

Other reasons are

1. Outrageous taxes
2. Gridlocked roads
3. Construction every where you go
4. Crap roads with potholes
5. Too many people
6. Illegals aliens all over the place
7. Commie schools
8. Tolls
9. Outrageous property taxes
Construction is kinda needed if you want to fix roads (condition or capacity), so gripe #3 is at odds with #2 and #4. #1 and #9 are also a bit redundant, though I agree on #9 at least. For #6, how do you know? Are you stopping random nonwhite people and asking for their papers? Also, what does it even matter? Assuming there are "illegals aliens (sic) all over the place", what concrete harm does that actually have on your life? What does #7 mean, exactly?

You know what, on second thought, never mind. Mod cut.

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-30-2019 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: Personal attack.

Old 09-30-2019, 01:34 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,084,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smegmatite View Post
12 years? good god man, leave now, don't be an idiot
Have to get my 25 years in for my pension. Halfway there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois