Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-27-2020, 03:04 PM

4 posts, read 6,323 times

Advertisements

Hi, Im aware of a YouTuber in O'Fallon Illinois who is a trust fund baby type who every three months literally tosses out all of her kids bedroom stuff and toys and buys new stuff.. Recently she tossed out and replaced all her pantry contents. She buys expensive toys and stuff. Shes too narcissistic to donate it or call for pick up.

Im disgusted by it.

What to do?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2020, 03:53 PM

4,011 posts, read 4,248,676 times
Think long and hard before going down that ethical road. If you have no experience with or don’t know anyone from a totalitarian country, find out their thoughts on the subject.

Unless the woman is breaking a local statute, you have no leg to stand on. Turn lemons into lemonade. You call the local shelter or non-profit and have them alerted to the disposal point. A local township manager/recycling coordinator might also be sympathetic. Call them.

Old 01-27-2020, 03:56 PM

9,975 posts, read 5,672,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by internetrobinhood View Post
what to do?
MYOB, that's what.

Old 01-27-2020, 07:55 PM

10,326 posts, read 17,422,206 times
Sit back and watch the train wreck. People that squander money like that often end up bankrupt. There is a small subset than can make money as fast as they can deplete it but like a lot of NFL players they go from riches to rags quite quickly and dramatically. But hey it is their life to F up.

When the people running your state are like that with the public's money though that is a bigger problem...

Old 01-28-2020, 08:01 AM

529 posts, read 646,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetRobinHood View Post
Hi, Im aware of a YouTuber in O'Fallon Illinois who is a trust fund baby type who every three months literally tosses out all of her kids bedroom stuff and toys and buys new stuff.. Recently she tossed out and replaced all her pantry contents. She buys expensive toys and stuff. Shes too narcissistic to donate it or call for pick up.

Im disgusted by it.

What to do?
I want to become rich, move next door to you and do the same.

Old 01-28-2020, 08:57 AM

I just am looking for people to go pick the trash on trash day to salvage all those toys, clothes, bedding and food.
Which is legal. Im not trying to suggest anything illegal at all.

Old 01-28-2020, 09:15 AM

4,011 posts, read 4,248,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetRobinHood View Post
I just am looking for people to go pick the trash on trash day to salvage all those toys, clothes, bedding and food.
Which is legal. Im not trying to suggest anything illegal at all.
You missed the entire sentiment of the discussion...whoooosh!

Old 01-28-2020, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by damba View Post
You missed the entire sentiment of the discussion...whoooosh!

Im sorry I have my hands in too many activities today and I havent been feeling well, so I musta missed the point. And I still dont get it.

Old 01-28-2020, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeman7 View Post
I want to become rich, move next door to you and do the same.

I dont care if ppl take stuff I put out. I dont even live in Illinois.
I just dont want anything in the landfill.

Old 02-15-2020, 09:29 AM

54 posts, read 94,141 times
It's a mental illness: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compul...uying_disorder

Similar to compulsive gambling and eating disorders. This person is fortunate she has the means, but this in turn masks the syndrome since there are no immediately evident negatives which might prompt her to seek help.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois