U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2008, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 5,737 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

I'm going to be relocating to Rushville, IL this summer. Is there anyone out there that lives there and knows of any rental property? I don't want to buy right away, so I'm going to need a place to live!

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2008, 09:58 AM

68 posts, read 245,250 times
At first I thouhgt you meant some busy place in the city (like wrigleyville etc) since i didnt know Rushville existed.
Have you visited the place before?

Old 05-01-2008, 02:40 PM

12,063 posts, read 29,083,741 times
Beardstown, which is nearby, has a newspaper with online classifieds and there was one for a management company in Rushville with apartments for rent. I would imagine they're few and far between in such a small town though.

The classifieds are here: Beardstown Newspapers, Inc., Beardstown News (http://www.beardstownnewspapers.com/classifieds.html - broken link)

Old 05-01-2008, 02:56 PM

2,467 posts, read 11,594,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aamert View Post
At first I thouhgt you meant some busy place in the city (like wrigleyville etc) since i didnt know Rushville existed.
Have you visited the place before?
Rushville is close to Macomb and no where near Chicago. Closest "big" cities are Macomb and Quincy

Old 05-04-2008, 10:53 PM

68 posts, read 245,250 times
Jessiegirl_98, yeah i did look it up to see if such a place exists.

Old 05-31-2008, 05:48 PM

28 posts, read 37,576 times
Default Rushville Resident

I'm a life long resident of Rushville. What type of rental are you looking for? House, apartment? In town or in the country?

Beardstown is about 10 minutes away. Macomb and Jacksonville are both 30 minutes away from Rushville. Peoria, Springfield and Quincy are all about an hour give or take a couple minutes.

There are usually apartments and mobile homes available in town. Sometimes you run across country properties for rent. Rushville has it's own newspaper although you won't find it online. If you could get your hands on one that would be the place to look. I seldom notice Rushville rentals in the Beardstown newspaper.

I'm sure I'm not allowed to post links but if you email me I will give you the web address of a real estate agent with several rentals.

Last edited by equine75; 05-31-2008 at 05:59 PM..

Old 09-03-2008, 04:52 PM

44 posts, read 233,480 times
I was born and grew up in Rushville. What on Earth would bring you there?

Old 02-22-2012, 04:53 PM

1 posts, read 3,080 times
I recently was offered a job in MaComb IL and my husband was offered a job in Barry IL. Any suggestions as to a middle ground to live? By searching mapquest Rushville seemed to be one of the few towns I could find. The town needs to have a good school, elementary and highschool. Any suggestions?

Old 02-24-2012, 11:34 PM

11,544 posts, read 27,448,603 times
Barry is a very small farm town in Pike County. Pittsfield is the County Seat. McComb is a small college town, and the County Seat in McDonough County. Rushville is in Schuyler County,They are all inter-connected by two lane county roads that are not very nice in the winter. They are all decent places to raise a family.

This is the egg or chicken question: How far do you want to be from a hospital with a kid that is really sick?*How far do your want to be from the school if your kid gets sick? And interesting thing about IL snow storms is a CAT or a Deere with a plow can get through when the family vehicle can't. If I were you, and I had kids in school, I would live in McComb because it has the total package with everything you need and most of what you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois