Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2020, 05:50 PM

21,938 posts, read 9,508,101 times

Advertisements

My husband was talking to a coworker whose wife is a nurse in a nursing home. She says that JB did the same thing that Cuomo did and sent Covid patients to nursing homes and that our death rates are really high because of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2020, 07:35 PM

3,154 posts, read 2,070,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
My husband was talking to a coworker whose wife is a nurse in a nursing home. She says that JB did the same thing that Cuomo did and sent Covid patients to nursing homes and that our death rates are really high because of it.
I hadn't heard that, I'm pretty sure they did it in New Jersey, but not Illinois. I've had an aunt in a nursing home the whole time, and they have had some cases, but reportedly took measures (isolated infected patients, furloughed infected staff, did daily temperature checks, stopped in-person visitation, notified family of all positive cases, etc.). I pretty much wrote her chances of surviving this off last March, but they've kept her going through it all, I'm actually surprised. Now, she's in a private facility, I'm not sure how many Medicaid patients they have (she's self-paid). Maybe the county-run facilities (I'm assuming those exist as they do in Wisconsin), took active Covid patients from hospitals, I don't know.

Old 12-02-2020, 05:28 AM

759 posts, read 3,145,145 times
It's true, they should have sent the positive patients to Mccormick Place until they were no longer contagious and then send them back to their nursing home of origin. Lots of money wasted. Media totally ignored this, I worked at one of these nursing homes

Old 12-02-2020, 05:36 AM

759 posts, read 3,145,145 times
It's true, they should have sent the positive patients to Mccormick Place until they were no longer contagious and then send them back to their nursing home of origin. Lots of money wasted at McCormick Place for a few patients. Media totally ignored this, I worked at one of these nursing homes.

I thought the federal response was much better, we had the ventilators from the feds right away.

Old 12-06-2020, 04:33 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
such a shame they wasted Mccormick Place.

Old 12-13-2020, 05:45 PM

3,454 posts, read 3,378,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
such a shame they wasted Mccormick Place.
As I remember reading, McCormick Place was only used for something like treating 30 COVID patients, during the brief time it was a field hospital. If I recall correctly, that McCormick field hospital was supposed to be able to handle a few hundred patients. Correct me if my memory of reading about the opening of that field hospital there, was incorrect. Yep, it should've been used a lot more than it was, which was in actuality very little.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois