Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2021, 12:11 PM

4,021 posts, read 1,872,571 times

Advertisements

Singapore is 84% vaccinated and cases are surging there

Kinda. Singapore - roughly same population as South Carolina - had 16 covid deaths yesterday.

SC? 44.

Is SC in some kind of reverse lockdown panic right now? Nope. But even if they are - they have 3x the deaths as Singapore.

Singapore is only "surging" in comparison to the previous numbers of practically zero. They have more cases now than before...but it's hardly reflective of the number of vaccinations. Poor stretch of logic there.

Old 10-22-2021, 01:26 PM

29,501 posts, read 19,602,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justabystander View Post
The unvaccinated are selfish and yes, preventing covid from disappearing and keeping the country from finally fully recovering, Yes, it is their fault, absolutely.

Covid won't ever disappear. Being vaccinated doesn't stop you from contracting or spreading covid. Just like being vaccinated from the flu doesn't stop you from getting it. The vaccine just makes it where the risk of you getting seriously ill far less.

Old 10-22-2021, 04:17 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,916,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Covid won't ever disappear. Being vaccinated doesn't stop you from contracting or spreading covid. Just like being vaccinated from the flu doesn't stop you from getting it. The vaccine just makes it where the risk of you getting seriously ill far less.

Ah, how refreshing, someone actually speaking factually, and not acting as a talking head for the administration..

Old 10-22-2021, 05:09 PM

334 posts, read 420,925 times
Then it sounds like people better get used to the idea of getting an annual or semi-annual vaccine, or getting and surviving COVID on a regular basis.

Old 10-22-2021, 09:02 PM

3,067 posts, read 2,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagogeorge View Post
Bingo. Not sure why anyone thinks vaccines stop COVID from spreading when we had a wave of cases in the middle of a mass vaccination program, AND "rare breakthrough cases" are in the news every day. Next door in Indiana, breakthroughs were 32% of cases last week. (Calculated from various state dashboards.)

If someone is double masked, tripled vaxxed, recovered from COVID and STILL afraid to leave the house, that's on them.

Old 10-23-2021, 01:13 AM

197 posts, read 235,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
I really want people to stop embracing junk science and get the vaccine but I think we are going about it the wrong way. Instead of having the govt yell Obey at them let health insurance companies and medicare charge a huge surcharge like several hundred $$ a month to the unvaccinated.
Honestly, if that happened, I would probably just drop my health insurance and go to the emergency room every time I had an issue - they can't turn you away.

Oh, and I'd let all the bills go to collections.

I'd also say the insurance companies should charge women more (pregnancy/birth stuff is expensive), obese people more, smokers more, drinkers more, anyone who participates in risky activity like motorcycling or skiing, anyone who is sedentary or doesn't get enough exercise, anyone who doesn't eat a healthy balanced diet, and of course, older people will pay far more. Would you agree to those?

Old 10-23-2021, 06:19 AM

4,930 posts, read 3,044,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
Bingo. Not sure why anyone thinks vaccines stop COVID from spreading when we had a wave of cases in the middle of a mass vaccination program

Because we were led to believe this was the case last Spring.
The whole reason I took the vaccine was to protect those I care about, then months later I felt duped into it.

Old 10-23-2021, 06:22 AM

10,326 posts, read 17,420,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
MSchenist80, you are NO LONGER my friend!!!!

Just kidding. I have full respect for you!

Hey, wishing you all the best.
It is just very frustrating. One of the greatest accomplishments last century was eradicating Polio and Smallpox. Back then people just took the freaking vaccine instead of spreading rumors on social media that it was made with aborted fetal stem cells or causes everything from birth defects to lost socks in the laundry.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:40 AM

3,067 posts, read 2,394,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MSchemist80 View Post
It is just very frustrating. One of the greatest accomplishments last century was eradicating Polio and Smallpox. Back then people just took the freaking vaccine instead of spreading rumors on social media that it was made with aborted fetal stem cells or causes everything from birth defects to lost socks in the laundry.
I'd rather not go back to the good ol' days when human experiments (which included children) left subjects severely ill, paralyzed or dead and a mass vaccination for polio gave 40,000 people the disease.

Smallpox inoculation has been around since the 1700s.

Although the Pfizer vaccine doesn't contain fetal cells, they are used in the laboratory tests according to emails leaked from Pfizer.

Given that COVID vaccines have a modest and rapidly diminishing effect on transmission and that vaccination rates aren't related to COVID levels, the argument for mass COVID vaccination falls apart.

Old 10-23-2021, 07:53 AM

4,021 posts, read 1,872,571 times
GE has over 200 THOUSAND employees, world-wide.

If several hundred - indeed, several THOUSAND - walked out and quit - it would hardly dent their bottom line or affect anything, except maybe very locally.

Using raw numbers for this type of thing is silly. What PERCENTAGE of GE Employees refuse to get the vaccine? For GE and ALL companies - that number is getting smaller and smaller.

For our tiny company here - we've lost weeks - and weeks - and weeks - of production as people sick with COVID - but mainly LIVING WITH SOMEONE with Covid - must take two weeks off - per OSHA. That's the policy. It hasn't changed in 18 months. If the trade of is - 1% of our people QUIT while the rest get vaccinated - we will absolutely tolerate that. We've lost far more than 1% to COVID in 2021.

So has GE. This itty bitty teeny tiny "walk-out" will do nothing to change their policy - because they are the mercy of OSHA, just like we are. Whine all ya want - but it will change nothing. We've proven that for a year now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois