Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2007, 02:01 PM

1,310 posts, read 6,557,480 times

Advertisements

I love it. A thread just for Portillos.

Thanks to Steve-o for keeping my Chicagobred memories alive! I miss my Portillos all the time since I left the Chicago suburbs a few years ago. Trust me, Las Vegas Chicago resturants still don't know what they are doing...

I had mixed feelings when they opened their first location in CAli. Excited to have it a lot closer when I visit family, but loyal to the roots of the Chicago chain. Whenever my friends come visit from my hometown or I go visit, there's usually a huge order that is given for the person who leaves Chicago to come here to Henderson, Nevada!

Thanks for the great laughs and keeping the tradition alive with Mail order! Yes, non-natives, it's a chicago thing!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2007, 02:22 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,379,844 times
Glad you enjoyed this thread. Is your mouth watering yet? I know mine is, but Im lucky enough to have one 2 miles down the street from where I work, perfect for those hour-long lunches. LOL

Old 06-01-2007, 08:07 AM
ejk

126 posts, read 594,584 times
Deegers, I feel the same way you do. Portillos and Lou's are 2 of the things we miss most about Chicago!

We got the hot dog kit for Christmas and it was so good! We've had mail-order Lou's a few times too, Oh God was it good. Not quite the same as being there but who on Earth turns down Lou Malnatis? Not me

Old 06-01-2007, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejk View Post
Deegers, I feel the same way you do. Portillos and Lou's are 2 of the things we miss most about Chicago!

We got the hot dog kit for Christmas and it was so good! We've had mail-order Lou's a few times too, Oh God was it good. Not quite the same as being there but who on Earth turns down Lou Malnatis? Not me
fellowship of the Portillos chain! I'm relieved I'm not the only one. Yes, Steve-o, my mouth was watering! Be careful of having one location so close to work and lunch hour! They'd have to give one of their tables my name permanently on the surface if it was me! Far too tempting and it can get expenisive....Sigh, I guess I'm going to have to break down and do mail order. Is it a good Christmas present idea, ejk?

Sometimes, you just can't mimic good Chicago food in another town, ya know? It's the same for Potbelly's too, but that's for another thread...

Old 06-01-2007, 12:37 PM

sorry everyone, I just noticed I repeated myself a little too much.

Old 06-01-2007, 01:42 PM
ejk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
fellowship of the Portillos chain! I'm relieved I'm not the only one. Yes, Steve-o, my mouth was watering! Be careful of having one location so close to work and lunch hour! They'd have to give one of their tables my name permanently on the surface if it was me! Far too tempting and it can get expenisive....Sigh, I guess I'm going to have to break down and do mail order. Is it a good Christmas present idea, ejk?
It was for us!

You know if you add mayo to your mix you can almost duplicate their chocolate cake, too.

Old 06-01-2007, 04:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ejk View Post
It was for us!

You know if you add mayo to your mix you can almost duplicate their chocolate cake, too.
Whoops, you are right, forgot it was for you.
Ok little side story, last September, I went home to Chicago for a wedding with my boyfriend. On our trip back to Nevada, we whipped out an entire Portillos meal(hotdogs, beef sandwiches, fries, chocolate cake) as everyone was receiving their complamentary 2 ounce drink and bag-o-nuts. Ya, we stunk up the whole plane and made everyone hungry.

It was fabulous.

Old 06-01-2007, 06:28 PM
ejk

Quote:
Originally Posted by deegers View Post
Whoops, you are right, forgot it was for you.
Ok little side story, last September, I went home to Chicago for a wedding with my boyfriend. On our trip back to Nevada, we whipped out an entire Portillos meal(hotdogs, beef sandwiches, fries, chocolate cake) as everyone was receiving their complamentary 2 ounce drink and bag-o-nuts. Ya, we stunk up the whole plane and made everyone hungry.

It was fabulous.
Oops myself, I meant "it was a good idea for us"

My uncle once did that on a plane with Ginos!

Old 06-05-2007, 10:42 PM

2 posts, read 8,466 times
We have shipped Portillo's to our son in L.A. - it worked fine, except the sauce container had broken and that was a bit of a mess. Now they have opened one in Orange County, but no ribs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
View detailed profiles of: