Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 04:13 AM

11,535 posts, read 30,250,015 times

Advertisements

Anime in Peoria, Illinois -- Google search. I know little about it..

Anime in Peoria, Il? - Google Search

Last edited by linicx; 02-24-2009 at 04:14 AM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 PM

1 posts, read 11,166 times
in arlington heights theres are 2 stores called white wizard toys and jp toys. WW is more sci-fi stuff. jp has alot of cutsie key chains a what not. its about 30 or so minutes from chicago. lots of japanese culture stores there like mitsuwa and other japanese grocers in that area and near by shaumburg. monster island is a store in chicago. lots of godzilla type stuff. they all have web pages. hope this helps.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:31 PM

13 posts, read 110,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiru7422 View Post
There is too an anime store in Milwaukee, unless of course it is the one you are talking about. It is at about 68th and Oklahoma, I think.

Otherwise, if it's Japanese items you're looking for, check Mitsuwa in Chicago. It's on Arlington Heights Road. There's also an anime store not far away.

Hope this helps.

This helps thank you!
Do you by any chance know the name of that anime store?

Old 05-10-2009, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billybones View Post
You could try Tomorrow is Yesterday in Rockford, IL. I looked for a website but didn't find one. They are listed in the yellowpages so you can get an address and phone number there.

It's not an anime/Japanese specific shop but it is larger than the avg comic book shop I've come across. They sell everything from comics/cards to action figures and posters. It's a cool store and I try to stop in whenever I'm in the area.

Bones
Thank you! If I'm in that area I'll check it out.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:55 PM

[quote=michiru7422;7558329]There is too an anime store in Milwaukee, unless of course it is the one you are talking about. It is at about 68th and Oklahoma, I think.

Yes, I've been there a few times.
My review:
It's primarily comic books stuff. They used to have a decent snack section, but now barely anything. They do have manga, but you can find that in any Barnes & Noble. The anime figures/plush they have are either really old -sitting there for years or from English dubbed anime that you could find at Suncoast - if you wanted them naruto,bleach,etc.
There's also some Mario & Sonic stuff.
If you ask about Japanese anime not released in the US,they tend to look at you like you're an alien.
But it's great for comic fans I guess...
I really miss Model Zone-the actual anime store where the owner knew EVERYTHING about every anime.

I highly recc. the Asian grocer downtown and the Vietho market. The second has alot of unusual (compared to American food) Thai, Hong Kong,etc food and a few Japanese things like mochi,sweet bean, and basic Pocky.

I also recently discovered a Hong Kong knockoff store in Southridge Mall. It's mostly fake/bootleg Hello Kitty, and the popular in America anime (naruto again,dragonball) fake items, but there are some cute pens and things with Hong Kong characters -I found a weird pig keychain and "Miniyoki" a Hello Kitty imposter pen.

Old 05-10-2009, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by myle317 View Post
in arlington heights theres are 2 stores called white wizard toys and jp toys. WW is more sci-fi stuff. jp has alot of cutsie key chains a what not. its about 30 or so minutes from chicago. lots of japanese culture stores there like mitsuwa and other japanese grocers in that area and near by shaumburg. monster island is a store in chicago. lots of godzilla type stuff. they all have web pages. hope this helps.
JP Gifts - Japanese Toys and Gifts - Arlington Heights, IL

Thanks! It helped alot. I'll def yet cautiously check out JP Toys -i like cute stuff.
I'm planning a trip to the legendary Mitsuwa in the immediate future.
*spontaneous hug*

Old 05-13-2009, 09:40 AM

4,593 posts, read 9,191,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom View Post
Chinatown
You took my answer. But Chinatown is Chinese, so I'm not sure they have Japanese Anime.

Old 07-13-2009, 03:41 PM

1 posts, read 10,791 times
Can I know the name of that store ASAP? I really need a cosplay outfit, or do you know of the name of the store in Southridge Mall?

Old 07-13-2009, 05:39 PM

5,977 posts, read 13,112,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiru7422 View Post
There is too an anime store in Milwaukee, unless of course it is the one you are talking about. It is at about 68th and Oklahoma, I think.

Otherwise, if it's Japanese items you're looking for, check Mitsuwa in Chicago. It's on Arlington Heights Road. There's also an anime store not far away.

Hope this helps.
I second Mishuwa.

Old 03-18-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinouuchiha15 View Post
Can I know the name of that store ASAP? I really need a cosplay outfit, or do you know of the name of the store in Southridge Mall?
Update: the Southridge store is gone and all it had were Chinese knock-offs or wallscrolls, hairclips, etc. The comic store that carries anime items doesn't have anything that could be used for cosplay either.
It's Lost World of Wonders and is 3/4 comics (!), then another side with Japnese merchandise:
a small shelf with a few common Japanese snacks that are overpriced up to around $4 (go to any Asian grocer to find snacks and more for under a dollar!!), a small section w/ boxed action figures- they aren't new and I didn't recognize more than a few series, a small rack of plushies consisting mostly of Super Mario and again hugely over-priced. But at least they are authentic. Then there is an nearly empty glass case taht should hold gashapon but hasn't been updated in YEARS. Last section is ALOT of anime, but it's all waaay over-priced (go to Amazon!!) and alot of manga- which you can get in a bookstore anyways...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois