Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2007, 01:02 PM

1 posts, read 9,469 times

Advertisements

i hope maybe someone out there can help me.............I am looking to relocate to the New lenox area and am really interested in renting or buying a trailer home, i have searched so many sites and usually end up with the same result.......nothing...i hope this will help and please email me with any helpful info you might have to lookin4uin2001@aol.com and thanks for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2010, 02:13 PM

1 posts, read 5,113 times
hi im in the same problem as u r. i got a dog a cat and a bird and is about to lose my town home cause i cant afford it. most apts dont take the kind of dog i have or take cats so i'm looking for a trailer home since i cant afford a house. maybe u and i can help each other by keeping an eye out. may i ask how much u can afford for rent? u can reach me at [email]sincubus666@yahoo.com[/email] or text me at [email]hellwhisper666@aim.com[/email]

Old 09-19-2010, 06:39 PM

28,455 posts, read 85,361,596 times
Default Gonna have to settle for " close"...

I believe there are no communities within New Lenox. Pretty comprehensive list: Illinois Manufactured Housing Community & Mobile Home Park Directory - Part 2

Illinois Manufactured Housing Community & Mobile Home Park Directory - Part 1

Old 09-23-2010, 10:07 PM

281 posts, read 928,320 times
I live in Park City, near Waukegan which is mostly manufactured home communities. We're not near New Lenox but we're about the same distance from Chicago. Space rent here runs about $600/month. Senior-only communities usually charge less than $400, but they often do not allow dogs. A new house will run about $25,000 for a single-wide to $50-60,000 for a nice double-wide. Used houses in decent condition will often run as little as $5,000. Used houses in poor condition usually cannot be resold; the park management wants them gone.

Mobile home loans are much more expensive than house mortgages because legally the house isn't real estate, it's personal property. Expect about 18% unless your credit is stellar.

Taxes are cheap. Lake County has a mobile home use tax that varies on the size and age of the house. The tax on my 20-year old single-wide is about $80 a year. Of course, a good chunk of the space rent covers the owner's taxes on the land.

Water and garbage pickup are usually included in the rent, but some parks are now putting surcharges on the rent for these. Electric and gas are comparable to similar-sized stick-built houses (that's what the mobile home world calls conventional houses).

The parks have a lot of rules mostly dealing with yard maintenance (penalties if you do not mow your lawn) and you cannot have a fence. Your dog will have to stay in the house except when you walk him; a leash is required. Indoor cats and birds are not regulated, other than a limit on the total number on animals you can have to avoid pet hoarding.

Be prepared: When you want to get out, mobile homes are hard to sell. There are houses here been for sale for over a year. Also, it does not build equity like real estate; it loses value like a used car.

Notwithstanding, I love my little house and enjoy living here. Most mobile home people are polite, laid back and mind their own business.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois