Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:01 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times

Advertisements

Well, the Vikes are starting ol' Gus and if Rogers gets hurt, the Pack are screwed. Hester, in the meantime, is having an MRI done on his aching ribs.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 09:35 AM

11,975 posts, read 31,779,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Well, the Vikes are starting ol' Gus and if Rogers gets hurt, the Pack are screwed. Hester, in the meantime, is having an MRI done on his aching ribs.
We'll see what happens when the Pack and Bears meet this season... The interesting thing about the Packer/Bear rivalry is that even when one team is clearly superior, it's usually still a pretty hotly contested game. This year neither team is clearly superior by a large margin, though I think the Pack is going to have a better year than the Bears if Rodgers stays healthy. It's really too early to tell, however.

Old 09-18-2008, 09:45 AM

3,047 posts, read 9,030,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
We'll see what happens when the Pack and Bears meet this season... The interesting thing about the Packer/Bear rivalry is that even when one team is clearly superior, it's usually still a pretty hotly contested game. This year neither team is clearly superior by a large margin, though I think the Pack is going to have a better year than the Bears if Rodgers stays healthy. It's really too early to tell, however.
Lovie Smith is 5-1 versus Green Bay so the odds are Chicago will sweep the packers yet again. Just last season the Packers went 13-1 against all their opponents yet were 0-2 against the Chicago Bears. Should be a good one. One thing is for sure, Rodgers hasn't seen a Defense like Chicago's yet.

Old 09-18-2008, 07:24 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,600,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
I'm one of those rare birds who will cheer both the Bears and the Packers. When they meet head-to-head, I'll default to the Bears. But it doesn't break my heart when the Packers do well either.
I suppose that is acceptable.

Old 09-19-2008, 08:43 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,359,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
I suppose that is acceptable.
Whats next? A Blackhawk fan who roots for the Red Wings? A Cub fan who roots for the White Sox? A Yankee fan who roots for the Red Sox? A Michigan fan who roots for Ohio State?

Old 09-19-2008, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Whats next? A Blackhawk fan who roots for the Red Wings? A Cub fan who roots for the White Sox? A Yankee fan who roots for the Red Sox? A Michigan fan who roots for Ohio State?
Switch White Sox to Cardinals there buddy. It's a more of a real rivalry, since the White Sox and Cubs rarely meet and they don't compete for the division. And I saw a lot of Cubs fans rooting for the Sox in that last World Series...

Old 09-19-2008, 03:53 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,146,737 times
Quote:
Nobody roots for Ohio State except drunks, troglodytes, and OSU students/alumni. And usually it's hard to tell the difference.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lookout Kid View Post
... And I saw a lot of Cubs fans rooting for the Sox in that last World Series...

That will not happen again. Sox fans are a bunch of idiots. They got many Cubs fans support in 2005 and did not appreciate it. Sox fans burned their own bridges.

Sox fans are the biggest bunch of whiners in baseball. All they do is obsess about the Cubs. "Wrigley Field sucks, Cubs fans are gay, you have not won in 99 years...",blah,blah,blah...

They get a hard-on more when the Cubs lose than when the Sox win.

Many Sox fans are boneheads.

Old 09-19-2008, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Hey, Drover has ties to Illinois and Wisconsin so I think in a case like this it is acceptable.

He gets an exemption.

Old 09-21-2008, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avengerfire View Post
That will not happen again. Sox fans are a bunch of idiots. They got many Cubs fans support in 2005 and did not appreciate it. Sox fans burned their own bridges.

Sox fans are the biggest bunch of whiners in baseball. All they do is obsess about the Cubs. "Wrigley Field sucks, Cubs fans are gay, you have not won in 99 years...",blah,blah,blah...

They get a hard-on more when the Cubs lose than when the Sox win.

Many Sox fans are boneheads.
I agree. It seems to me that 90% of being a Sox fan is to dislike the Cubs. If I hear one more Sox fan (Obama included) talk about the &%$& being "serious baseball", I'll probably have steam come out of my ears. Going to a Sox game is one step above the ridiculouslness of attendning a game of NBA expansion team. They've got more stupid gimmicks at the Cell than an Arena Footbal championship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois