Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2009, 01:32 PM

6 posts, read 22,582 times

Advertisements

I've gotta move and have a coffee biz that would be successful somewhere. Any suggestions where that might be, so I might move there or move the coffee biz there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2009, 05:57 PM

572 posts, read 2,486,281 times
I have the perfect place for you. You would love it,(maybe) and its out in the middle of the desert all by itself. No traffic and not alot of crime for its size.The population is around 50,000 has a mild climate in the winter and hot during the summer, there are very few coffee places there now and the town has a nice little lake to boat in. Im sure some already know where I am talking about and for those that dont know the town is Lake Havasu City my Home (http://www.newtohavasu.net/ - broken link)
If you are wanting to stay in the midwest and I understand that some want to stay, I would suggest somewhere in Wisconsin or Iowa. I hope you find the right place for your business and do well while running it. All the best to you

Old 01-17-2009, 07:34 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,606,786 times
I hear the Chicago Public Schools are looking to have vendors set up shop in their buildings.

Old 01-18-2009, 06:40 PM

365 posts, read 1,253,061 times
The Quad Cities could use a gourmet coffee place, say, in the arts districts of either Rock Island or Davenport. Heck, anywhere in the QC.

Old 01-18-2009, 11:43 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,259,477 times
I've seen a few coffee shops fail because the prices were way too high per ounce. I would want to offer something no one else had.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,083 times
Belvidere Illinois

Old 01-20-2009, 12:06 AM

41 posts, read 385,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetouttaillinois View Post
I've gotta move and have a coffee biz that would be successful somewhere. Any suggestions where that might be, so I might move there or move the coffee biz there?
Seriously? If so, your coffee shop should be so original and unique that you'd probably have to fit a small petting zoo into the square footage, allow people to "hookah", install a stripper pole, and invite local bands to play till odd hours of the morning and stay open 24 hours.

This place would need to be situated somewhere like....oh jeez, I don't know. Got it...Wicker Park/ Bucktown. Then you'd have to answer to all the "gentrified" yuppies round those parts. They are abnormally territorial now.

I actually think Lake Havasu is the better option....

Old 01-20-2009, 06:42 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,646,444 times
The people in my town of sugar grove are dying to have a coffee shop!!! our population is just under 10,000. we also have a large community college in our town and are home to the Aurora Airport. There is brand new commercial construction available for lease that fronts on Route 47...the main state highway right through town. you can call the sugar grove communty development director for info, rich young. he will be glad to help you.

Old 01-23-2009, 01:33 PM

809 posts, read 2,884,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
The people in my town of sugar grove are dying to have a coffee shop!!! our population is just under 10,000. we also have a large community college in our town and are home to the Aurora Airport. There is brand new commercial construction available for lease that fronts on Route 47...the main state highway right through town. you can call the sugar grove communty development director for info, rich young. he will be glad to help you.

Agreed! I'm from that area (sort of) and I know Sugar Grove and Yorkville are BOOOOOMING! They use to be little farm towns and now they're slowly "modernizing" in terms of having more things to offer! I say go there!

Old 01-24-2009, 08:47 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,372,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Havasu View Post
I have the perfect place for you. You would love it,(maybe) and its out in the middle of the desert all by itself. No traffic and not alot of crime for its size.The population is around 50,000 has a mild climate in the winter and hot during the summer, there are very few coffee places there now and the town has a nice little lake to boat in. Im sure some already know where I am talking about and for those that dont know the town is Lake Havasu City my Home (http://www.newtohavasu.net/ - broken link)
If you are wanting to stay in the midwest and I understand that some want to stay, I would suggest somewhere in Wisconsin or Iowa. I hope you find the right place for your business and do well while running it. All the best to you
No offense, but thats quite possibly the DUMBEST idea Ive ever heard. I dont know why on earth you promote little, dumpy Lake Havasu City here on the IL boards, but anyways.... first off, Lake Havasu City is a party town, where more beer is consumed than water. Its a ticky-tack city, not somewhere to put a gourmet coffee business. Would you put a hippie/bong/tie-dye t-shirt store on Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills, too? Secondly, Lake Havasu City (aka Lake Have-A-Brew) is too bloody hot 70% of the year for people to think about having a hot beverage. Would you offer ice-cream to tourists in Antarctica?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois