Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2007, 08:53 PM

18 posts, read 90,100 times

Advertisements

Looking for all information about Metamora
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2007, 06:28 PM

12 posts, read 53,172 times
Well, I have lived in Metamora for all but six years of my 25. School and then a couple of years in jobs in different towns. The Metamora area is pretty great. It's definately growing. The schools are REALLY great. I happened to go to Catholic grade school and then public high school. I really liked my high school. They gave me a lot of opportunities. Everyone who I know who went to public grade school liked them as well. Anyway, Metamora isn't too far away from major shopping. Probably 20 min. to get to Peoria's two malls. Plus any number of strip malls. It is also close to Washington which has a Super Walmart and a great Kroger....grocery store, if you aren't familiar. Plus, there is a small grocery in town. It's a great small town. The people are friendly. If you want to be a little closer to Peoria, you could also consider Germantown-Hills. It's not on the map anywhere and your address would be Metamora.....just because G-Town doesn't have it's own zip code quite yet. This area has been growing and building constantly since before I was in high school. It is the perfect place for those who want to live close to a medium to big city but still live in a small town.....I'm not going to say Peoria is a big city b.c. all the Chicago people will get on my back about that And in comparison to Chicago it definately is not a "big" city. If you give me an idea about what you want info for, maybe I can give you more specifics. Are you moving here? Do you have kids? Are you looking to buy? Any concerns? Where are you coming from? I can expand on just about anything. So, let me know!!!

Old 06-25-2008, 12:59 AM

2 posts, read 6,773 times
i am not the original poster, but i will take you up on your offer for more information...

can i rent a rural house in metamora, grow a large self sustaining garden and have some chickens all the while having a husband commute to peoria or bloomington for real work?

can i get work in metamora if i need it?

i have three kids and am planning on one more... i am used to the conveniences of large cities, but despise having to live in one...

right now we are living about an hour and a half outside of metro phoenix, az.... in a rural area that is being taken over by suburbs...

i have looked and looked online for rentals... but getting info out of the midwest online about rentals, especially rural ones is like pulling teeth... is there a secret midwest rural rental site i dont know about?

i dont want to buy anywhere unless i have lived there for a while... and my first choice would be the pacific northwest, but that is not happening yet... my mother is in indiana, and his mother is in bloomington...

so, what have you for me? i have been to metamora for a three day outdoor festival, and it was nice... i spent three months in bloomington/normal over last summer... but really... i need housing lined up before i get there... as has always been the case... how to manage that?
especially for the little small towns and rural areas i would be interested in....

::smiles::

Old 06-25-2008, 01:10 PM

269 posts, read 1,100,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunRa View Post
i am not the original poster, but i will take you up on your offer for more information...

can i rent a rural house in metamora, grow a large self sustaining garden and have some chickens all the while having a husband commute to peoria or bloomington for real work?

can i get work in metamora if i need it?

i have three kids and am planning on one more... i am used to the conveniences of large cities, but despise having to live in one...

right now we are living about an hour and a half outside of metro phoenix, az.... in a rural area that is being taken over by suburbs...

i have looked and looked online for rentals... but getting info out of the midwest online about rentals, especially rural ones is like pulling teeth... is there a secret midwest rural rental site i dont know about?

i dont want to buy anywhere unless i have lived there for a while... and my first choice would be the pacific northwest, but that is not happening yet... my mother is in indiana, and his mother is in bloomington...

so, what have you for me? i have been to metamora for a three day outdoor festival, and it was nice... i spent three months in bloomington/normal over last summer... but really... i need housing lined up before i get there... as has always been the case... how to manage that?
especially for the little small towns and rural areas i would be interested in....

::smiles::
While I do not live in either Metamora or GH, I do however live in the greater Peoria-Bloomington area and have several co-workers that send their kids to the school district in Metamora, and really like the education that they are getting. Metamora is also known for being a very proud football town, and has the state titles to prove it. Living in Meta and commuting to Peoria or B-N for work is VERY workable, and the area has a large amount of white collar residents that do just that. Peoria proper is still closer than B-N, but the nice part about that is, you have choice and each is within a forty min. drive. Peoria is only about a 20-30 if that during rush hour. For little things though I would travel to Washington, which is also VERY clean, and though growing like Meta, has a very quaint feel to it. The town has a new Super Wal-Mart, and a huge Menards, that is just as big, if not bigger, than the new one in north Peoria. Have you given any thought to Eureka. It is also another very attractive bedroom community to Peoria and B-N, with tree lined streets, educated population, excellent schools, and super clean all around. Another town that comes to mind, that in my opinion has the same overall feel that Meta has is Tremont. Although Tremont is not really close to Meta, it has close proxmity to both Pekin and Morton for shopping. They also have had a very attractive extension built onto their remaining high school, and like Meta, is a very football 'crazy' town.

Old 10-11-2010, 12:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,586 times
I am looking for someone in metamora that had 66-67 pontiac gto for sale outside gate at Hunnert car pileup at decatur, illinois. I just missed you when leaving. I was told first name is Jamie, car was straight axle 66-67 gto. Any help getting in contact with him would be greatly appreciated.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:12 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
Start a new thread for your search so I can delete this. This thread is about Metamora.

Old 10-11-2010, 02:53 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,262,628 times
Eureka is near I-74 and is probably equa-distance between Peoria and B-N. It is furthest from Peoria. Eureka College is a top 25 ranked Liberal Arts college. Metamora and Washinton are probably about the same distance from Peoria, but the travel time might be a bit longer from Washington. ICC community college is mid- way between them. You'll find good schools, grocers and limited shopping in all three towns. These towns all offer K-12 education and they are gret places to raise a family.

What you may not realize is that Illinois is the #1 and #2 producer of soybeans and corn in America. We also export livestock. Thus, the vast majority of rural towns are surrounded by 1000 acre production fields, and cattle or hog operations. Most towns do not not allow the keeping of any farm critter within the city limits; this includes fowl - although I have seen kids raise a banty chicken or duck for a FFA project on occassion.

I'm going to stick my neck out here. I suspect, and I could be wrong, that it will be easier to buy a house with the acreage you are looking for than it will be to find one to rent. That said, here is the name of a realtor who has a list of available rentals in the general area between Eureka and Morton.

Washington, IL real estate and Metamora homes - Mindy Taylor, Realtor

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois