Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 11:33 PM

15 posts, read 47,221 times

Advertisements

Sterling, here we go!

Old 08-03-2010, 02:24 PM

265 posts, read 873,484 times
So glad that things have worked out well. One thing I have learned in reading this website. If you get a variety of opinions about an area , both good and bad, its best to go with the good. Its when everyone is negative, that you really need to watch out.

Amazingly, it seems the long time residents of an area that never live anywhere else, who seem to have the most negative opinion. Not sure why that is. Perhaps they just need to move somewhere else to get a better attitude. As the saying goes, the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

Old 06-23-2011, 06:24 PM

2 posts, read 2,563 times
I find it very interesting to hear all sides and views of the sterling and rock falls areas. Me being a native of sterling can express a younger man's side. Like people have stated of dixon, il, previously they are absolutely correct. Awesome place to live. With the people that were interested in moving here, I'm curious if you did or not, and if you did, do you like it. Me peresonally with all my family here, I feel trapped. No jobs no jobs, no jobs. There's not much else to say. Although we did get a large Wal-mart distribution center. Ant d the world's leading hair clipper factory. Getting into them is like a million to one odds. We have a population it says of 15500. Don't believe that for a second. With the 2,000 illegals, and constant chicagoans coming in daily. Don't believe it. To say gangs and drugs is a prolem, is an understatement. I lived in rockford and chicago, illinois, but still found myself back here, and seen much more pain and misery here as well. We hit a double digit murder year in 2008, but you wony find that on crime statistics. Happens all the time, why? Because you cant put them on statistics if there's no conviction! Scary to think about, right? Also we bred a man that killed 8 people in a week span in 2008 Sterling bred. There's many more like that. I have recently graduated from the community college that is in nearby dixon, and now having a skill, I am trying to get me and my family out. There is nothing here. Take a look at any random newspaper. Just last week they found a dead body in the rock river, a missing boy and a crack bust on one page. That's not unusual at all. But I guess it who you associate with. Because I talk to some locals and they act like this just started happlening. This town is very nieve and likes to pretend its perfect. But its happening since i can remember. Coloma court days early 90's. For people from the area, they'll know what i'm talkin about.

Old 06-23-2011, 09:10 PM

21 posts, read 71,851 times
I know, a few weeks ago with what, 5 murder/suicides! Get out while you can. I am getting out finally. We have to leave our house and do a short sale or deed in lieu of, but we are getting out! Moving July 8th, finally. My extended family is all still in the area, but I feel like I have got to get my immediate family out. Whiteside County has the highest teen pregnancy rate in IL, if that tells you anything too. Along with the serial killers... I tried and tried to make it work here, but I can't take it anymore. 2 more weeks and I am out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois