U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2010, 02:55 PM

42 posts, read 122,987 times

Advertisements

Anyone here live in Lisle? Do you enjoy it? Specifically, if I bought a house in the portion of Lisle served by the Naperville school district, would there be any other Naperville city services that I couldn't take advanage of unless I lived inside Naperville "proper"?

Some of the housing in western Lisle feels like an extension of "old" Naperville, and I think I might like it better than, say, some of the outer reaches of newer Naperville (I'm not a fan of a lot of the tract homes built in the last 15 years).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2010, 03:05 PM

3,685 posts, read 6,148,057 times
Lisle is a decent town but lacks progressive growth compared to a lot of its neighbors including Naperville and Bolingbrook. Naperville definitely has the best school district but also has a higher cost of living. Both cities are easily accessible by road and have their own train stations. Not a lot of new residential or commercial has made its way into Lisle in a few years.

Old 03-03-2010, 03:26 PM

42 posts, read 122,987 times
True, I guess my point was that portions of western Lisle are in district 203, and are actually closer to downtown Naperville than much of Naperville itself is. The home values in these areas reflect this as well. Given that the schools and proximity to downtown Naperville are non-issues for those areas, I'm wondering if there are any real disadvantages that I am missing. I'm not sure that Lisle's lack of "progressive growth" is going to do much harm.

I want to live in a Naperville school district and not terribly far from Naperville's downtown, so this portion of Lisle would open up my options a bit.

Old 03-03-2010, 04:21 PM

28,461 posts, read 79,155,876 times
City Services? Well Lisle will be plowing your streets, providing police & fire. Lisel does not own the electric service the why Naperville does, but I don't know if having an extra layer between you and ComEd is really a plus or not. If you want to take advantage of stuff offered through the Naperville Park District you have to pay non-resident rates, and probably some stuff will be over booked -- Naperville Park District | Home Page | Naperville Park District, Naperville, Illinois

It is not as though Lisle has no Park District, Naperville's is just MUCH bigger:
Lisle Park District

Last time I checked the total tax burden in Lisle is actually higher than Naperville, and in the area the OP has bought (south of Benedictine University) the value is close to a wash with similar sections in Naperville -- with slightly lower valuations being offset with slightly higher tax rates. It is really more of personal preference issue...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois