Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2007, 10:12 AM

Location: Unlike most on CD, I'm not afraid to give my location: Milwaukee, WI.
1,789 posts, read 4,154,552 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrl View Post
I wish I could take back the "white area" comment because I have nothing wrong with diversity. Pax you completly get me. My problem stems with Ilegal immigrants. I dont think im poor ive been poor and I think im middle class now. Like I said we bring in a little over 60k a year and I qualify for all Kids so why cant I use it. This is the problem I am a middle class american I have paid taxes all my life and I want to get the healthcare that all you hispanics are using. Maybe if illegals didnt crowd our healthcare system us middle class americans would have more of a break. I live in a nice nieghboorhood and most of my niegboors break their back trying to pay for
You have nothing to apologize for... your instinct was correct. White areas just seem to have less social problems, and the Hispanic invasion of this country is no joke, and not a good thing. They don't seem to assimilate the way white Europeans generally have The illegals are slowly re-creating exactly the same environment here they left back in Mexico or central America. Anyone think that's a good thing??

Old 06-06-2007, 10:17 AM

4,721 posts, read 15,615,586 times
Its NOT a good thing,,but it is sure not a problam about Illinois only.Travel to just about any of our states and I would suspect the same sad sorry thing

Old 06-06-2007, 11:29 AM

146 posts, read 1,010,985 times
All Kids/All Family is the ONLY good thing about Illinois that I have found. We have a clinic that specializes in taking the medical cards so we don't have to run everywhere trying to find someone who does. Our problem in southern Illinois is that most of our doctors are foreign, (not the patients) which really makes it difficult to communicate your medical needs. I didn't find that to be true when we lived in Oklahoma.

No jobs, outrageous electric bills, high gasoline bills . . . you can't afford to live here anymore. I was born and raised in southern Illinois and came back to care for elderly family members. But now, we are leaving again because the job situation here is so terrible. If I were you, I would discuss your frustration with your husband and ask him to sign up with Career Builder (mine found a GREAT job through them) and get out of Illinois. You deserve to be happy!

Old 06-06-2007, 11:36 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,384,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
All Kids/All Family is the ONLY good thing about Illinois that I have found. We have a clinic that specializes in taking the medical cards so we don't have to run everywhere trying to find someone who does. Our problem in southern Illinois is that most of our doctors are foreign, (not the patients) which really makes it difficult to communicate your medical needs. I didn't find that to be true when we lived in Oklahoma.

No jobs, outrageous electric bills, high gasoline bills . . . you can't afford to live here anymore. I was born and raised in southern Illinois and came back to care for elderly family members. But now, we are leaving again because the job situation here is so terrible. If I were you, I would discuss your frustration with your husband and ask him to sign up with Career Builder (mine found a GREAT job through them) and get out of Illinois. You deserve to be happy!
Southern IL? No wonder youre miserable. You might as well live in Arkansas. Come up to Chicagoland for awhile if you want amenities and lots of good paying jobs. Youll never want to go back to Oklahoma...

Old 06-06-2007, 11:39 AM

6 posts, read 6,802 times
Default health care march

ya know I understand I came about this all wrong with my initial posting, I have lived in other states and ya know what they didnt accomadate hispanics like they do here. This system is for them not "all Kids" just all hispanic kids. I did leave elgin and im trying to find a provider that accepts all kids in a middle class area, there arent any, at least I cant find any. And the accomodation im talking about includes our school, only half my child class gets to take gym per week because they share it with the spanish speaking classes. Should'nt they require they learn english before they attend an american school.
If Hispanics can have a walk out march then us middle class Americans should have one too demanding programs for us we need help too because we are drowning. We went to college, do everything right and are drowning in debt and still qualify for goverment programs that we cant use because they are really for minorities.
I am aware that illinois has top notch hospitals ...for people with top notch insurance that pay a top notch price, and I refuse to charge my health insurance to my credit card anymore, so I have all kids. Now what,ya know

The thing is nothing will change middle class will continue to bend over and take it. Because we are to nice. I am only one angry middle class person bitching and millions of other angry fed up middle class Americans are QUIETLY agreeing at home on the internet.
Thanks for all your comments

Last edited by mogrl; 06-06-2007 at 12:00 PM..

Old 06-06-2007, 11:59 AM

108 posts, read 502,735 times
Can you call Allkids and get a listing of three to five choices of places you can go to in the area? They may give you some choices, and from there you can go visit the clinics and see if they are up to your standard.

My family makes a little more then yours, but we still use Allkids. There is just no relief for the high rent rates, electric and gas bills, gasoline, and health care in this area.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:24 PM

Moderator cut: personal - off topic

Back on topic... what the OP needs to do is find another physician, somewhere other than Elgin. And also get out and protest a little since she's so vocal. Sitting on the computer wont get anything done, as she points out.

Last edited by Marka; 06-06-2007 at 01:35 PM..

Old 06-06-2007, 12:43 PM

98 posts, read 454,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrl View Post
Should'nt they require they learn english before they attend an american school.
English is not our national language. We have none.
So no, I guess no one can legally be required to learn it before they can attend school. And where would they go to learn it, if not to school? (Presumably their parents do not speak English.)

There are groups which advocate making English our national language though. I'm sure they could use volunteers if you believe in this theory.

Old 06-06-2007, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoo View Post
English is not our national language. We have none.
So no, I guess no one can legally be required to learn it before they can attend school. And where would they go to learn it, if not to school? (Presumably their parents do not speak English.)

There are groups which advocate making English our national language though. I'm sure they could use volunteers if you believe in this theory.
Imagine a country where everyone spoke their own languages and couldnt communicate to make things efficient? Can you say "Tower of Babel"?

Old 06-06-2007, 12:57 PM

260 posts, read 1,145,684 times
Moderator cut: off topic
Anyway, just so you don't brand me as racist or anti-immigrant, I'm from the first generation in my family who exclusively spoke English at home. Even with that, I understand some of the syntax of our original tongue turns up in my grammar. I believe we can all agree on one point- the social disruption of unchecked illegal immigration is causing our way of life to erode. It'll get worse too- no one is seriously thinking of solutions to our uncontrolled borders.

Last edited by Marka; 06-06-2007 at 01:36 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois