Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 02:22 AM

3,301 posts, read 6,328,787 times

Advertisements

Has this changed?

Last Year Senate Democrats Granted Social Security To Illegals
Illegals granted Social Security

It's getting close to another election and I've noticed threads popping up about Social Security again. (The fears always seem to go after the Republicans for drying up Social Security.)

Last year, the Democrats in the Senate sold out the American-legals big time, when it comes to Social Security. It's facts like these that Americans must remember at voting time.

I'm going to dig up the facts about the actual vote.

------------

Have the recent votes on Illegal aliens stopped the Democrats from giving illegal aliens Social Security?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2007, 02:33 AM

Default Here's How The Vote Went

44 Republican Senators and five Democrat Senators voted to block such payouts. 39 Democrat Senators voted along party lines and gave Social Social Benefits to Illegals Aliens. Where is the loyalty of these Democrats (and Republicans), who voted to drain the Social Security System faster?

Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---50 (These are the U.S. Senators who voted to give Social Security to Illegal Aliens.)
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brownback (R-KS)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carper (D-DE)
Chafee (R-RI)
Clinton (D-NY)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Graham (R-SC)
Hagel (R-NE)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Obama (D-IL)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Specter (R-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Stevens (R-AK)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Wyden (D-OR)

NAYs ---49 Senators who voted against giving Illegal Aliens Social Security.
Alexander (R-TN)
Allard (R-CO)
Allen (R-VA)
Bennett (R-UT)
Bond (R-MO)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burns (R-MT)
Burr (R-NC)
Byrd (D-WV)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Craig (R-ID)
Crapo (R-ID)
Dayton (D-MN)
DeMint (R-SC)
Dole (R-NC)
Domenici (R-NM)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Frist (R-TN)
Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lott (R-MS)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Roberts (R-KS)
Santorum (R-PA)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Sununu (R-NH)
Talent (R-MO)
Thomas (R-WY)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Warner (R-VA)

Not Voting - 1
Rockefeller (D-WV)

Old 09-25-2007, 02:52 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,325,190 times
Hmmm... look at all the "R"s who voted against it.
Naturally, the two liberal senators from my state voted "Yes." They never fail to disappoint.

Old 09-25-2007, 07:23 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,986 times
Default end result

End result, we get screwed again. The issue is that many and the perfect voters for these officals. They listen only to the biggest headlines, still think government is truthful, and never remember what someone did a year ago. They are very good at taking focus off themselves and whatever issue they dont want to talk about.

Old 09-25-2007, 12:22 PM

Default I'm sorry about placing this in the wrong forum. I forgot about the immigration forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProudCapMarine View Post
Has this changed?

It's getting close to another election and I've noticed threads popping up about Social Security again. (The fears always seem to go after the Republicans for drying up Social Security.)

Last year, the Democrats in the Senate sold out the American-legals big time, when it comes to Social Security. It's facts like these that Americans must remember at voting time.

------------

Have the recent votes on Illegal aliens stopped the Democrats from giving illegal aliens Social Security?

I'm sorry about placing this in the wrong forum. I forgot about the immigration forum.

Old 09-25-2007, 01:42 PM

1,499 posts, read 4,833,597 times
Smile This has been the Democrat's game all along.

Quote:
Has this changed?

------------

See the Dems wants illegal to dry up Social Security so they can come to seniors and make it a campaign issue to "fund SS" and "raise taxes".

Funny how the Dems SUPPOSEDLY support Seniors, but then sells them out to illegal aliens!!!

Old 09-25-2007, 05:14 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,509,239 times
The Dems are our worst nightmare when it comes to illegals. God forbid they take office. Get them the heck out of control of anything.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:51 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,007,279 times
Quote:
44 Republican Senators and five Democrat Senators voted to block such payouts. 39 Democrat Senators voted along party lines and gave Social Social Benefits to Illegals Aliens. Where is the loyalty of these Democrats (and Republicans), who voted to drain the Social Security System faster?

Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---50 (These are the U.S. Senators who voted to give Social Security to Illegal Aliens.)
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Brownback (R-KS)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carper (D-DE)
Chafee (R-RI)
Clinton (D-NY)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dodd (D-CT)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Graham (R-SC)
Hagel (R-NE)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McCain (R-AZ)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Obama (D-IL)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Specter (R-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Stevens (R-AK)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Wyden (D-OR)

NAYs ---49 Senators who voted against giving Illegal Aliens Social Security.
Alexander (R-TN)
Allard (R-CO)
Allen (R-VA)
Bennett (R-UT)
Bond (R-MO)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burns (R-MT)
Burr (R-NC)
Byrd (D-WV)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Coleman (R-MN)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Craig (R-ID)
Crapo (R-ID)
Dayton (D-MN)
DeMint (R-SC)
Dole (R-NC)
Domenici (R-NM)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Frist (R-TN)
Grassley (R-IA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lott (R-MS)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-FL)
Nelson (D-NE)
Roberts (R-KS)
Santorum (R-PA)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-OR)
Snowe (R-ME)
Sununu (R-NH)
Talent (R-MO)
Thomas (R-WY)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Warner (R-VA)

Not Voting - 1
Rockefeller (D-WV)
Thank you for posting this. Presidential candidates need to be questioned publicly about their support for illegal aliens' social security when we're not even certain if there is enough in the social security fund for future generations of American citizens who have contributed for much longer periods of time.

Old 09-25-2007, 06:59 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,415,445 times
I swear, Proudcapmarine, does someone PAY you to post this kind of stuff all day?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factcheck.org
Republican Campaign Theme Debunked: Social Security for Illegal Immigrants
October 10, 2006
Updated: October 11, 2006
Twenty-nine ads and counting feature the claim with varying levels of truth and distortion.

Republicans are tagging Democratic opponents across the country for wanting to "give Social Security benefits to illegal immigrants." But nobody's proposing paying benefits to illegals, not until and unless they become US citizens or are granted legal status.

The charge is a mis-characterization of an amendment offered during debate of the immigration bill that passed the Senate last May with a healthy bi-partisan majority, 62-36. The amendment would change current law to prevent immigrants from getting credit toward future Social Security benefits from taxes paid before they have legal permission to work.

The measure has become a popular campaign issue for Republicans, particularly incumbent House members who raise it against their Democratic challengers. We have counted 29 GOP ads attacking Democrats with various versions of this misleading claim. Similar misconceptions about the measure were spread as part of a chain e-mail last spring and summer.

Along with this latest swarm of ads comes some related mis characterizations, including a claim that the Senate plan "pays foreign workers more than Americans." The Senate bill does have provisions to ensure that guest workers are paid no less than Americans. But no guest worker could be hired if a US citizen accepted the job.

[...]
FactCheck.org: Republican Campaign Theme Debunked: Social Security for Illegal Immigrants (http://www.factcheck.org/article447.html - broken link)

Old 09-25-2007, 08:27 PM

543 posts, read 1,228,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
The Dems are our worst nightmare when it comes to illegals. God forbid they take office. Get them the heck out of control of anything.
Not just the Dems, what is Bush? We need to get them all out after four year terms, that way they cannot do all this damage! No idea how to implement it though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration