Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 11:53 PM

26 posts, read 56,954 times

Advertisements

Well, first of all, I'm moving to study at Ivy Tech Community College, then hopefully transfer to Indiana University. Anyways, can you tell what is it like to live at Bloomington? Do you get bored so quick because it's a kinda small city or is their a lot of activities to make yourself busy? What I like about this town, that it is a very college atmosphere town style, which will really help me in my college studies and social life. By the way, I reserved an apartment I think you can walk to the College Mall from it, so how is that area?

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 06:41 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,657,917 times
congested, but ok.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:55 AM

298 posts, read 564,029 times
I loved Bloomington, and it has a lot of great restaurants featuring foods from all over the world. You'll have fun eating out.

Old 08-10-2010, 11:05 AM

196 posts, read 695,653 times
There are things to do as an IU student with campus groups and such, but you should be able to find plenty to keep you entertained. If you need to get away Indianaplois isn't that far away and you can get there and farther car-free for a relatively low cost.

This video may help to understand Bloomington and IU.

YouTube - ‪Bloomington OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO Elizabeth Eckert‬‎

Old 08-11-2010, 04:20 PM

21 posts, read 52,059 times
Bloomington is a really fun place with lots of outdoorsy stuff both on campus & nearby. The campus is open, so even if you're not a student you can always take a stroll through what is considered nationally to be one of the top campuses in terms of beauty. The area by "Griffey Lake" is nice as is Lake Monroe, Brown County & "the Quarries".

There's pretty good bus transportation during the week. The area by the mall was specifically built to provide a bit of a lower cost option for students & it's fairly well maintained. One thing I'd say is that it's easy to get caught up in the Bloomington/IU party scene which is ok if you are a top student who gets straight A's without studying. Otherwise, it is very important that a student keeps their studies in priority compared to all of the other fun, yet possibly hindering distractions that can derail a student from success.

All the best & enjoy your time in Bloomington. It is what you make of it. If you put enough time into your studies to succeed, then you'll enjoy all of the partying & outdoorsy stuff that Bloomington has to offer.
All the best

Old 08-12-2010, 04:48 PM

174 posts, read 527,334 times
I miss going to Bloomington. I love the Blooming Foods store, hiking in the national forest, and the Irish Lion. Fall in Indiana is wonderful. As another poster said, it's what you make of it. That is true about most places.

Best wishes to you.

Old 08-12-2010, 05:11 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,094,778 times
Rent "Breaking Away".
Buy a bicycle.
Drink coffee at Soma.

Good luck and best wishes.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:09 PM

26 posts, read 56,954 times
Thank you so much everybody for the helpful replies.

Old 08-17-2010, 10:14 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,657,917 times
I wish the Red Chair Bakery was still there

Old 08-20-2010, 02:47 PM

9 posts, read 39,416 times
The people in Bloomington are so friendly and very easy to get along with, even though it is a small city, you will enjoy it very much, and as a matter of fact probably it will be the best place you lived in!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana