Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2010, 09:05 PM

8,985 posts, read 17,318,935 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wh15395 View Post
That's untrue. Kelly Business School is recognized as one of the country's best.
A degree from the Kelley business school does not guarantee future success anymore than a degree from ISU dooms you to a life of flipping burgers. I know that Kelley has a good business school, but in the real world, that does not matter. I work with IU grads, Purdue grads, Butler grads; and I am a USI grad. It is all the same out here in reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2010, 03:57 PM

438 posts, read 1,361,407 times
So spring will be your first term at IVYT or your first term in your major? Because you say you're a current student but then say which classes transfer doesn't matter.

Are you at the TH campus or ? I ask because the TH campus dual enrollment coordinator is fantastic and can answer all of your questions and pull the data showing which AS level/transfer classes are different between the two schools since that will be important at that point.

Old 09-23-2010, 08:53 PM

26 posts, read 57,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat321 View Post
So spring will be your first term at IVYT or your first term in your major? Because you say you're a current student but then say which classes transfer doesn't matter.

Are you at the TH campus or ? I ask because the TH campus dual enrollment coordinator is fantastic and can answer all of your questions and pull the data showing which AS level/transfer classes are different between the two schools since that will be important at that point.
I'm at Bloomington, please can you give me her/his name? Because I'm thinking of visiting ISU, then check up with Ivy Tech-Terre Haute.

Thanks for the help.

Old 09-24-2010, 06:00 PM

438 posts, read 1,361,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laker Fan 965 View Post
I'm at Bloomington, please can you give me her/his name? Because I'm thinking of visiting ISU, then check up with Ivy Tech-Terre Haute.

Thanks for the help.
No problem

Linda Clark-Laffoon
Indiana State University Coordinator
8000 South Education Drive
Terre Haute, IN 47802
(812) 298-2529
E-mail: linda-laffoon@indstate.edu

Old 09-26-2010, 08:36 PM

Anymore views on these two universities?

Old 09-27-2010, 04:49 AM

4,696 posts, read 7,902,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkat321 View Post
Check on the transfer classes like the poster is suggesting, before deciding on your transfer. ISU is a very good school!

Old 09-27-2010, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie of Oldsmar View Post
Check on the transfer classes like the poster is suggesting, before deciding on your transfer. ISU is a very good school!
Oh thanks Annie.
Why do you say it's a good school?

The only thing I like about it is you get a lot of personal attention; unlike IU.

Old 09-27-2010, 07:49 AM

196 posts, read 697,492 times
You may find there is quite a bit of difference between the attention you get at IU-B and IUPUI. I know an undergrad student who transfered from the Business School at Purdue to IUPUI and felt it was a better experience for him.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uplander View Post
You may find there is quite a bit of difference between the attention you get at IU-B and IUPUI. I know an undergrad student who transfered from the Business School at Purdue to IUPUI and felt it was a better experience for him.
Well first of all, I would really really want to transfer to IUB Kelley School so badly. However, I believe it's a big risk and a waste of time, they are such a tough school to get in.

You look like you thought I was comparing IUB and IUPUI? nope, its ISU vs IUPUI for me.

Thanks for dropping by though.

Old 10-02-2010, 04:52 PM

Just a little update, for whom will be in my shoes. I went to the IUPUI campus and it was really bad, its so modernized and I thought walking outside was so un-safe, heck i didn't feel any college atmosphere at all, I thought I was at a mall lol.

That's why I'm gonna go with Indiana State.

Last edited by Laker Fan 965; 10-02-2010 at 05:27 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana