Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 06:45 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times

Advertisements

Actually, there are at least 3 Starbucks here now ...

I completely agree with regard to this place being great if you have kids.

Yea, I noticed a new bakery downtown ... what's up with it??? haven't read anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2011, 05:39 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,082,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
For family pizza night check out Zwanzigz and top it off with a trip to the newly refurbished Zaharako's Ice Cream. Your husband will truly be amazed with the changes there!

I agree, Columbus pretty much still sucks (sorry Domergurl!) for the young, the childless, and the single. But for married young families? It's pretty awesome.

You can make quick trips (~45 min) over to Bloomington or up to Indy when you need nightclub or foodie fixes.

Also, when you DO have a weekend sitter, and you need a big-city vibe, we are not-so-far from Louisville, Cincinnati, and Chicago.
Zwanzigz pizza is awesome. Whenever we go to Brown County, or will be driving near Columbus, we decide to hit up Zwanzigz for either lunch or dinner. On the advice of Domergurl, we hit up Zaharako's and it was very neat.

You don't have to have a family to enjoy Columbus. The only thing I can see Columbus not having is dance clubs. Columbus is really the only "bigger city" outside of Indy I would be willing to commute from to Indy for work. Other than Columbus, I would rather live in a more rural area in one of the suburban counties. Columbus is close to great shopping, and outdoor activities that blow anything near the Indy metro area away.

Old 01-12-2011, 11:22 AM

137 posts, read 400,758 times
Shopping wise the town has Target, Sears, Sams Club, two Wal-marts, Best Buy, Fairoaks Mall with Kmart, Elder Beermans, JcPenny's (not large but there is a Aeropostale, Bath and Body Works, Claire's), AMC 12 screen movie theater, plus the large outlet mall at the Taylorville exit (Adidas, American Eagle Outfitters, Banana Republic, Calvin Klein, Coach, Gap Outlet, Gymboree, J.Crew, Jones New York, Nautica, Nike, Polo Ralph Lauren, Tommy Hilfiger, Under Armour, etc.). 30 minute drive and you are in Greenwood which has Von Maur, Macy's, Cheesecake Factory, etc.

Old 01-12-2011, 04:33 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,122,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Yea, I noticed a new bakery downtown ... what's up with it??? haven't read anything.
I was supposed to meet a friend there to check it out....then {{{snow days}}} (she has kids).

Hope you are staying sane through all this.

Oh and staying on topic...if you (OP) have kiddos you'll have to take them sledding at Mill Race Park. I was skiing (xc) last night and the hill was packed.

Also, any parents want to weigh in on the new toy store downtown? That was pretty genius; moving in near kidscommons and the ice cream place.

Old 01-12-2011, 07:50 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Imagination Station!!!!!! I've already spent a couple hundy there!!!

Old 01-15-2011, 10:47 AM

6 posts, read 15,896 times
Well, looks like I'll be making a trip to Columbus to check out the area for myself Husband got the job
We'll be looking in Columbus and the Indy area...Thank you all for your input, I do appreciate!

One more question: You have Indy Power and Light, right? What's the average gas/electric bill monthly? Say for a 2500sq ft home?

Old 01-15-2011, 01:57 PM

Congratulations!!

Old 01-16-2011, 08:46 AM

174 posts, read 529,104 times
Columbus is really a pretty cool place but you really should check Greenwood out as well. It has lots of good shopping and is between Indy and Columbus. I like that centralized location because it opens up more opportunities for employment (in the event that you were looking for work). Best wishes to you!

Old 01-19-2011, 07:50 AM

6 posts, read 15,896 times
I can't wait to see for myself. It'll be nice to have a change of seasons again

Old 01-19-2011, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flgrl01 View Post
I can't wait to see for myself. It'll be nice to have a change of seasons again
And we are getting them HOURLY!!!! YIKES!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana