Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-14-2011, 02:01 PM

8 posts, read 29,019 times

Advertisements

I live in Clay township and it seems to be the best area compared to the other neighborhoods. I lived on Pulaski st. on the west side, now that was scary! Never again...Then we moved to Portage ave near Diamond and it wasn't THAT bad, but I wouldn't go off of my porch after dark. Living in Clay township, we haven't heard any gunshots(aside from New Years of course), haven't witnessed any fights, no drive-bys...very peaceful
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2011, 10:24 PM

3 posts, read 3,786 times
Default all over the place

Quote:
Originally Posted by pab5456 View Post
One thing that has surprised me about this area is the amount of crime...... I expect some crime, but I came from an area with a much higher population and did not see the amount and frequency of crime like I have seen here. It is not even isolated in a particular area.... it seems to be spread out all over the area.

I have only been here for a few months and the number of home invasions in the South Bend area is really disturbing.

Don't neighborhoods have "neighborhood watch" so they can look out for each other. The local law enforcement agencies need to get a handle on this; it already seems to be out of control. What are the gun control laws here? Can people have guns in their homes to protect themselves? Not that I like the solution of having a gun, but what can you do if your law enforcement is not able to protect you?

If you are not safe in your home, where are you safe?
if you think south bend is bad on crime try to move from there to california. you can't go anywhere without locking your doors or windows. you have to lock your doors in the middle of the day. everytime you heard a loud bang your are dropping to the ground or running for cover because youi think you are going to get shot. i am ready to move back home for good. i've been here for 18 years. no place like home.

Old 05-30-2011, 01:23 AM

3 posts, read 5,155 times
ive seen south bend an been there im sorry to say but coulmbus indiana has alot of crim for such a small city i was asleep in my room in 8th grade an my mom woke me up an said a man has jus been shot in the head outside our appartment by a guy on meth than my friends uncle got shot in a drive by last year in the east side of columbus which is dominantly hispanic but 2 months before that a man commited a home invasion an stabbed a 13 year old special need student. actually 3 weeks ago at columbus east high school a black male student was arrested at school for an armed robbery charge over the weekend.people are sleeping on columbus its not the worst but its not as nice as people make it seem

Old 06-01-2011, 12:32 PM

625 posts, read 1,812,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budicles View Post
ive seen south bend an been there im sorry to say but coulmbus indiana has alot of crim for such a small city i was asleep in my room in 8th grade an my mom woke me up an said a man has jus been shot in the head outside our appartment by a guy on meth than my friends uncle got shot in a drive by last year in the east side of columbus which is dominantly hispanic but 2 months before that a man commited a home invasion an stabbed a 13 year old special need student. actually 3 weeks ago at columbus east high school a black male student was arrested at school for an armed robbery charge over the weekend.people are sleeping on columbus its not the worst but its not as nice as people make it seem
This happens everywhere. These are mainly isolated incidents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana