Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-26-2011, 09:52 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,269,932 times

Advertisements

Never been to Indiana.
Cutting across Indiana to meet friends in Dayton OH.
Can anyone tell me about Antique Alley on Hwy 40 ?
How are the antiques ??? Their prices ??? Are they willing to make a deal ???

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2011, 06:56 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,877 times
While I like looking at antique stuff, I don't know much about antiques in general. I'm mostly into older cast iron pans. I have two suggestions for you, depending on how you are coming through:

#1: If you are coming from the west across Indiana to Dayton, exit I-70 at the Shadeland Ave. exit on the east side of Indy. Go due north to 34th Street (about 1.5 miles north of the interchange). There is a large building with a variety of antique shops. It is called Olde Shadeland Antique Mall.

#2: Centerville, IN, not that far from Dayton, OH, is known for antiques. One of Webb's Antique Malls is located in Centerville, on the north side of town. I just visited about two weeks ago. It is a very nice building, and they have a lot of stuff. They sell things by booths (different owners), so prices vary. Being a cast iron shopper, I found some great deals in some booths, ridiculous, over-priced deals in other booths. Webb Antique Malls I didn't really get to check out the rest of the town that much. Do a Google search for Centerville, Indiana and you will get a few websites with some information.

Old 06-28-2011, 07:13 PM

Thank you so much for the info...

Yes we are going to drive in from the west on I-70. We were told to cut down to hwy 40 to Antique alley. That it goes all the way to Richmond. (Antique Alley does). We love to look. I hope to find some large wooden bowls. I have one from my Great, Great G-ma. I used Bees wax with orange oil...it turned out BEAUTIFUL as old as it is. I also collect crocks, not the Saurkraut type crocks, but more like bowls. We have several people we know wanting us to check a few things for them as well.
Thanks again for the info. I'll goggle it & check & see what comes up.

Anyone else have any info on this area ?

Old 06-30-2011, 08:17 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,877 times
Since I have more detail, I can give you some more suggestions, basically from the east side of Indy to Richmond. Before taking my advice, you will need to Google antique stores in various cities and towns and call them to see if they will even be open.

Drive I-70 through downtown Indy. When you are getting to the east side of Indy, take I-465 (the circle bypass that circles Indy) south to Washington Street/US 40 (US 40 in Indianapolis is called Washington Street). You will turn left onto US 40/Washington St. to continue heading east on US 40.

Very close to this interchange is a strip mall on the south side of US 40. There is a place called Peddler's Mall. It is a private booth style antique store. I haven't been for a few months, but they did have daily store hours.

I would then get back onto I-465 north to hit I-70 east. The next exit you would want is the Greenfield exit. This exit would be the State Road 9 exit. It is about 14 miles east of I-465, so depending on traffic, it will take you about 20 mins. to get to St. Rd. 9. Head south on St. Rd. 9 to downtown Greenfield, which is basically the intersection of St. Rd. 9 and US 40 (US 40 is called Main Street in Greenfield. Basically in Indiana, most major US and state highways are given names, though most usually have signs indicating the federal and state designation).

There are a handful of decent shops in Greenfield. From Greenfield, just stay on US 40 and continue heading east. The next larger city is Knights town, then you have some smaller towns/cities till you eventually hit Centerville, then Richmond.

Old 06-30-2011, 10:14 AM

Indy_317.........

Thank you so much for the GREAT info. You have no idea how much I appreciate this. It will be a great help.

Once again..if you think of anything else...please post it.
Thank you.......

Old 07-20-2011, 09:08 AM

1 posts, read 3,661 times
Just to say Thanks a mil. I came across this post by pure chance and these directions are great!

Old 06-23-2014, 11:45 AM

2 posts, read 3,052 times
any Antiquer will be in heaven in Centerville. If you are from out of state the prices will seem very reasonable to downright cheap !!! Go to Centerville & enjoy the old town & yourself
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana