Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2015, 06:05 AM

1 posts, read 1,576 times

Advertisements

I live in New Albany Indiana an have a creek an wooded area behind my house. I have seen a red wolf the size of a German Shepard in our garden two years prior.. This summer I have seen a puma ( mountain lion ) its been coming up in my yard.. We have heard it numerous times.. I lived here over 3 years thought I was hearing foxes til we started seeing it... Its active around 3am til 7am that's the time we have seen him.. Back in the old days Indiana was on top with large predators black bear, wolves, coyotes and mountain lions they liked the weather here.. They was all hunted an killed off they think!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2015, 09:50 AM

11,974 posts, read 25,462,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buena View Post
I live in New Albany Indiana an have a creek an wooded area behind my house. I have seen a red wolf the size of a German Shepard in our garden two years prior.. This summer I have seen a puma ( mountain lion ) its been coming up in my yard.. We have heard it numerous times.. I lived here over 3 years thought I was hearing foxes til we started seeing it... Its active around 3am til 7am that's the time we have seen him.. Back in the old days Indiana was on top with large predators black bear, wolves, coyotes and mountain lions they liked the weather here.. They was all hunted an killed off they think!!!
It could not be a real Red Wolf, as less than 50 exist in the entire world and only on coastal islands off North Carolina. Probably a large coyote that was redder than usual. Mountain Lions are possible because they can migrate across huge distances. The one kill in SW Indiana show genetic markings of having come from North Dakota.

Old 11-11-2015, 12:02 AM

2 posts, read 2,344 times
I live in Lake Station, every day for the last 2 weeks I see this in my yard and have seen two, (wolves) !!!! I love it being a photographer !!!! I also know there is a lot of bad blood with the hunters, but, they were put here to keep down the population, or over population!!!!//www.city-data.com/forum/wizardtigger@hotmail.comWell I guess I can't get my photos on , so I guess my message is over!!![IMG]file:///C:/Users/MichaelRay/Pictures/2015-11-08/DSC_2275.JPG[/IMG]

Old 02-17-2018, 07:17 AM

61 posts, read 398,745 times
I wanted to bump this thread, its a few years old but I am definitely interested in more stories. I know there are a number of "sightings" of cougars along the Maummee in NE Indiana.

Old 10-05-2019, 07:55 AM

1 posts, read 562 times
Default I saw the black panther by Decatur

Back in the early 1980's I had it run in front of my car on hwy 27 just before where hwy 33 now is south of town. I stopped my car and was going to try to shoot it but it was about midnight and I could not see where it went. I didn't say anything to anyone about this until mid 2000's as I didn't think anyone would believe me. I spoke to a guy in Huntington on the phone about it after the sighting in south Ft. Wayne and he has had multiple reports of the same thing. I believe he was a DNR guy I spoke to.

Old 10-06-2019, 06:46 PM

289 posts, read 224,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tal35 View Post
Back in the early 1980's I had it run in front of my car on hwy 27 just before where hwy 33 now is south of town. I stopped my car and was going to try to shoot it but it was about midnight and I could not see where it went. I didn't say anything to anyone about this until mid 2000's as I didn't think anyone would believe me. I spoke to a guy in Huntington on the phone about it after the sighting in south Ft. Wayne and he has had multiple reports of the same thing. I believe he was a DNR guy I spoke to.
LOL, Jesus. This kind of hill billy ignorance is why I am so thankful I left Indiana in the late 90’s. Had to get out of there with small children, didn’t want my daughter’s growing up and marrying a Hoosier thereby polluting our gene pool.

“I stopped my car and was going to shoot but is was about midnight” .. what kind of ignorance is this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana