Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2007, 09:50 AM

3 posts, read 15,514 times

Advertisements

Dear All

I'm moving to Angola, IN next Jan. to continue my education at Tri-State University. I am worried about the weather how is it like specially in winter? I am coming from the DESERT and I dont know If I can adapt with new climate.

I'd be very gratful for any information about the town, school or weather. Look forward to hearing from you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 06:15 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,731,146 times
Adapt ... well, get yerself a good winter coat, gloves, boots, hat ... a raincoat and "brella". You'll be fine.

Old 09-17-2008, 04:50 PM

23 posts, read 134,578 times
Anybody knows about Tri-State U, (Trine U), is it a good university? How about the surrounding? Is there any public transport such as bus, train because I don't want to buy a car when studying at TU.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by asianstudent; 09-17-2008 at 05:00 PM..

Old 09-18-2008, 07:16 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,485,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by asianstudent View Post
Anybody knows about Tri-State U, (Trine U), is it a good university? How about the surrounding? Is there any public transport such as bus, train because I don't want to buy a car when studying at TU.

Thanks a lot!
Its been awhile since I've been to Angola but I wouldnt think it had grown enough to have any sort of mass transit. I dont think the South Shore line goes east of South Bend. I do know that one of Indianas finest state parks is just outside of Angola. Pokagon State Park is great! Good luck!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:02 AM

25 posts, read 120,410 times
The university is quite nice and highly regarded. In the summer months, Angola is much more crowded due to the numerous lakes in Steuben County. We have a second home on Lake James and we love the area. There are plenty of places to hear music, there are outlet shops for many name brands, and there are some nice dining options. Angola is close enough to Ft. Wayne which is a much larger city. It's also close to Coldwater Michigan, which I enjoy too. The weather can be a problem, if you don't care for the cold and snow, but sometimes we luck out and have an easy winter. Most people in Indiana don't mind driving on the snow, but very few of us enjoy driving on ice! I love the changing seasons in the area, just when I'm sick of the heat, humidity or cold and snow, the weather changes.

Angola does have a small town atmosphere, but the lakes do bring in many people from not only Indiana, but Michigan and Ohio. I think it's a really nice area!

Old 09-19-2008, 07:05 AM

25 posts, read 120,410 times
Capt. Dan, I agree with you, Angola hasn't grown enough to have any mass transit. Perhaps the university has some sort of bus system, but I really don't know.

Old 09-19-2008, 06:19 PM

3,969 posts, read 8,502,714 times
You probably have checked this out if you have decided to attend in Angola. If not, here is a link to their website.

Trine University, Angola IN : Home

I'm not sure if they have any student transit because they really aren't that spread out, but they are well respected throughout the US for their engineering school (as their former name Tri-State University).

Old 09-23-2008, 07:12 PM

311 posts, read 915,924 times
I highly advise lots of layers to adapt from your desert clime to our weather here. Just as it can be hotter than blazes during the day in the desert, and freezing cold at night, so the weather here can change allot from the start of the day to the end. I often will start with 3 layers on and shed 2 by mid afternoon. Enjoy!

Old 11-02-2008, 04:49 PM

23 posts, read 134,578 times
Thank you all!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
View detailed profiles of: