U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-27-2012, 04:37 AM
 
Location: Turn Left at Greenland
17,700 posts, read 37,470,964 times
Reputation: 8086

Advertisements

Area Development Magazine Reports on the Leading MSAs for Economic & Job Growth - MarketWatch

Quote:
Columbus, Indiana, ranks first overall, followed in the remaining top-10 spots by Odessa (TX), Lafayette (LA), Bismarck (ND), Fargo (ND-MN), Midland (TX), San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara (CA), Casper (WY), Morgantown (WV), and Columbia (MO). Based on overall results, MSAs were ranked across nine (9) regions, as well as according to size in three categories, "Big Cities," "Mid-Size Cities," and "Small Cities." They were also ranked within the "Economic Strength," "Prime Workforce Growth," and "Recession-Busting" categories, with each category based on selected indicators used to establish the overall rankings.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-27-2012, 08:51 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,894 posts, read 5,021,662 times
Reputation: 957
i actually was about to make a thread about this lol.
Domergurl as always beats me to the punch
oh and thanks for stealing the thread title line from my thread about litebox haha.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2013, 11:18 AM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,894 posts, read 5,021,662 times
Reputation: 957
Default Gratz to all of Indiana

http://www.demographia.com/dhi.pdf

Check this out. Keep in mind all metro areas with a core city of 50,000+ are included so there will be some smaller cities and obiviously the major cities.
Evansville Indiana is the worlds most affordable housing market.
next in the US is #10 Fort Wayne.
Also Tied at #10 is SouthBend-Mishawaka or just Michiana
Indianapolis and Elkhart, Indiana are both tied at 43 nationally against all major and small metro areas.
Considering Indianapolis is a major metro area thats not to bad when you bunch it up with small cities like Bloomington, Indiana/Elkhart and other cities like that.

Also if you want to see the complete list jump to page 37 to start. Incase you dont want to read all of the article.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2013, 12:38 PM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
4,739 posts, read 5,488,667 times
Reputation: 4804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
http://www.demographia.com/dhi.pdf

Check this out. Keep in mind all metro areas with a core city of 50,000+ are included so there will be some smaller cities and obiviously the major cities.
Evansville Indiana is the worlds most affordable housing market.
next in the US is #10 Fort Wayne.
Also Tied at #10 is SouthBend-Mishawaka or just Michiana
Indianapolis and Elkhart, Indiana are both tied at 43 nationally against all major and small metro areas.
Considering Indianapolis is a major metro area thats not to bad when you bunch it up with small cities like Bloomington, Indiana/Elkhart and other cities like that.

Also if you want to see the complete list jump to page 37 to start. Incase you dont want to read all of the article.
As the lists show, the most affordable areas are the areas where people either don't want to live (there's not a huge demand for housing) or where a city can just expand and expand into urban sprawl. And that's why places that are at the other end of the list, for least affordable, are places like Hong Kong, London, Honolulu, Sydney. Places that people really do want to live but are limited in the housing market for one reason or another. Simple supply and demand.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2013, 01:45 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
3,894 posts, read 5,021,662 times
Reputation: 957
Quote:
Originally Posted by ischyros View Post
As the lists show, the most affordable areas are the areas where people either don't want to live (there's not a huge demand for housing) or where a city can just expand and expand into urban sprawl. And that's why places that are at the other end of the list, for least affordable, are places like Hong Kong, London, Honolulu, Sydney. Places that people really do want to live but are limited in the housing market for one reason or another. Simple supply and demand.
your generalizing too much.
All the people i know dont want to live in Hong Kong. They might want to visit Honolulu but not live there.
as the old saying goes what is nice to visit is not always nice to live in.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-11-2013, 02:00 PM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,494 posts, read 11,630,526 times
Reputation: 4100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
your generalizing too much.
And your inexperience and ignorance are showing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2013, 01:22 PM
 
1,006 posts, read 2,056,899 times
Reputation: 1559
Quote:
Originally Posted by grmasterb View Post
And your inexperience and ignorance are showing.
Wow, do your parents know you are on the Internet?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2013, 02:50 PM
 
Location: Fishers, IN
6,494 posts, read 11,630,526 times
Reputation: 4100
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocaseco View Post
Wow, do your parents know you are on the Internet?
My parents are deceased, actually. Not sure I understand the point of your question.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-13-2013, 03:03 PM
 
Location: Bloomington IN
7,867 posts, read 10,061,861 times
Reputation: 20957
gr--I suspect the poster didn't know how to properly quote and intended the comment for a different poster. Just my case based upon the posting history.

No one I know wants to live in Indianapolis so I guess that means it's only a nice place to visit.

Ischryos--good points and valid argument. It's logical and rationale and not based upon everyone you know and don't know.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top