Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Favorite Indiana city?
Indianapolis 14 12.50%
Fort Wayne 5 4.46%
Evansville 9 8.04%
South Bend 1 0.89%
Gary 7 6.25%
Hammond 0 0%
Bloomington 19 16.96%
Muncie 3 2.68%
Lafayette 10 8.93%
Carmel 6 5.36%
Anderson 1 0.89%
Fishers 4 3.57%
Terre Haute 1 0.89%
Elkhart 0 0%
Mishawaka 4 3.57%
Kokomo 1 0.89%
Greenwood 0 0%
Lawrence 0 0%
Columbus 8 7.14%
Noblesville 0 0%
Richmond 1 0.89%
Portage 1 0.89%
New Albany 2 1.79%
Michigan City 5 4.46%
Merrillville 1 0.89%
Goshen 2 1.79%
East Chicago 0 0%
Marion 0 0%
Valparaiso 7 6.25%
Jeffersonville 0 0%
Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2007, 01:09 PM

13 posts, read 73,283 times

Advertisements

Portage-Because it was home for 13 years and when we first moved there it was clean and a beautiful place. now it's getting over crowded and very busy (which is good for jobs though)
Southbend-I used to visit a friend who lived there and I just love the feel and look of the town.
Whiting-we just moved to whiting two weeks ago to be closer to chicago for work (without having to pay the price to live there) and we have had the best experiences so far. We went to the Christmas parade last night and people were so nice with warming personalities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 01:13 PM

13 posts, read 73,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildWestDude View Post
Somebody actually voted for Gary?

Wish there were more selections for NW Indiana but I voted for beautiful Valparaiso
Its location just off the greater Chicagoland area, small college feel, old town square and closeness to Lake Michigan,make this small city ideal

I would have also voted for Valparaiso. I love the town, my boyfriend lived there for 12 years and I've done a photoshoot downtown valpo and it came out just the way we wanted it. But I loved the college feel of the town and all the little stores/boutiques they had available.

Old 12-12-2007, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 8,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakehorror View Post
I don't like Indiana by any means but if I had to pick a city I would say South Bend. They seem to have more diversity there, but still has it's share of rednecks. Ft. Wayne isn't too bad either. Indy is a joke. Evansville seemed alright too.

Wow!!! I grew up in Illinois, south Chicago suburbs, and now live in Valparaiso. I have traveled all over the country and have found that there are rednecks everywhere. We can't seem to get away from them!!

I will admit that there are better places to live, but I do not consider Indiana being a bad place to raise a family. Just last night I took a friend from Atlanta, a co-worker and my son to the Bulls game and after dropping these people off at the hotel in Merrillville I was home by 11:00. It is nice to be able to enjoy Chicago and at the same time live sort of in a rural area. The public schools are very good and living 20 minutes from Lake Michigan in a big bonus.

Most everyone living in NW Indiana consider themselves Chicagoians that just happen to live in Indiana and enjoy the benefits. We are true Hoosiers that root for the White Sox (not Cubs), Bears, Bulls and were not happy about the last Super Bowl. We complain about the local politics and all of our tax dollars being spent down in Marion county and building a highway to Evansville.

I have relatives that live in Granger (South Bend) and do business in Indianapolis so I have spent a lot of time in both areas. There are areas that I would live in if I had to in both of these locations.

If Indiana were such a bad state to live in I'm sure there would not be so many new houses being built all over the place. Although this is one reason that I'm not too fond of about Indiana.

Old 12-12-2007, 01:12 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Oh sweetheart ... lots of Cubs fans in Indiana. It's your southside upbringing that tinges your loyalties.

Old 12-12-2007, 05:27 PM

2,314 posts, read 4,802,888 times
B-Town baby!!

This city and it's surrounding area alone makes the state of Indiana worth visiting!

Evansville and Indie i'm not a big fan of, but I love B-town!

Old 12-12-2007, 05:58 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,747,765 times
OG, I'm from NW Indiana, and would NEVER root for the Sox.

I am a card-carrying Die Hard Cub Fan Club member.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:50 PM

4 posts, read 15,772 times
I was born, raised, and currently living in a town called Lapel which lies directly between Anderson and Noblesville along SR32. So naturally, those are the cities I've spent the most time in by far through my years. Anderson is a hell hole, Noblesville is nice but pretty boring.

I voted for Muncie. I love going up to Ball St. campus and having a good time in the village area and places around there.

Old 12-12-2007, 10:14 PM

95 posts, read 456,507 times
I live in near Ft Wayne, but I love visiting Indianapolis because it's the closest 500,000+ population city to me. It's a blast to drive around because it's nothing but giant squares, can't possibly get lost. lol

I love big cities, but I think my opinion would change if I lived there.

Old 12-13-2007, 04:46 AM

2,247 posts, read 7,034,673 times
Indianapolis, by far. Fort Wayne is nice, but it can't compare to Indy. The rest of Indiana is pretty much generic Midwestern-ness.

Old 12-14-2007, 05:12 PM

2 posts, read 6,216 times
I would have to say by far , warsaw, indiana is the best city in indiana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana