Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2018, 01:09 PM

2 posts, read 1,166 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone,

I am going to have to go to Indianapolis for training that will last 10 weeks. The company I work for will not put me up anywhere and it has to come out of my pocket.

Can anyone name a bed and breakfast or a place I can stay for those 10 weeks that is not outrageously expensive (or one that isn't expensive and might give me a long stay deal) that is not too far from W. Ohio. St and N. Capitol Avenue.

Thanks ever so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2018, 01:27 PM

Location: IN>Germany>ND>OH>TX>CA>Currently NoVa and a Vacation Lake House in PA
3,253 posts, read 4,297,193 times
My only thought is you should look for a different company. What kind of place sends you to 10 weeks of training and doesn't pay hotel accomodations?

I would think your best bet would be one of the extended stay hotels such as those covered in this thread:

//www.city-data.com/forum/india...rm-hotels.html

But I will say that some of the extended stay type of hotels in Indy can be at best sketchy.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:27 PM

3,053 posts, read 2,359,556 times
A neighbor of mine does AirBNB, $24 per night. It's a safe, quiet neighborhood; you can get to Ohio & Capitol on the #10 bus. They're northwest of 10th & Emerson. That's a few miles east of downtown between Washington & I-70.

Neighborhoods vary greatly from one area to the next on the east side. The locations in Irvington should be fine; the rest, I just don't know about.

Old 05-22-2018, 01:54 PM

2 posts, read 1,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
A neighbor of mine does AirBNB, $24 per night. It's a safe, quiet neighborhood; you can get to Ohio & Capitol on the #10 bus. They're northwest of 10th & Emerson. That's a few miles east of downtown between Washington & I-70.

Neighborhoods vary greatly from one area to the next on the east side. The locations in Irvington should be fine; the rest, I just don't know about.
That sounds good. I will need the place from July 14th to around the end of Sep (approximately). Can you perhaps give me the information by message?

Thank you

Old 05-22-2018, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBird65 View Post
That sounds good. I will need the place from July 14th to around the end of Sep (approximately). Can you perhaps give me the information by message?

Thank you
Actually, I see a few in the neighborhood (Little Flower). 10th & Emerson to 16th & Sherman. The east side of the neighborhood is better.

If you're going to be here that long, you'll need to learn your way around.

Old 05-22-2018, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert20170 View Post
My only thought is you should look for a different company. What kind of place sends you to 10 weeks of training and doesn't pay hotel accomodations?
That's what I'm thinking, too. Sounds fishy.

Old 05-22-2018, 03:59 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,572,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheerbliss View Post
That's what I'm thinking, too. Sounds fishy.
I don't pay money for company training . . . I would be looking for another position, as well.

Old 05-23-2018, 02:25 PM

4,495 posts, read 4,570,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnowBird65 View Post
Hello Everyone,

I am going to have to go to Indianapolis for training that will last 10 weeks. The company I work for will not put me up anywhere and it has to come out of my pocket.

Can anyone name a bed and breakfast or a place I can stay for those 10 weeks that is not outrageously expensive (or one that isn't expensive and might give me a long stay deal) that is not too far from W. Ohio. St and N. Capitol Avenue.

Thanks ever so much.
I never have heard of a company that doesn't at least give an allowance for room and food for employees who are sent out of town for job training. It looks like there would be some kind of a law about that.

If that company isn't gonna pay for your room and food for 10 weeks, are they going to at least pay you a salary while you are in training that will help off set the cost of your living expenses for 10 weeks while in training? If they don't pay you a salary while you're in training, that's bordering on slavery and you could probably take them to court and sue the daylights out of that company and make out like a bandit.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:54 AM

15 posts, read 15,630 times
Default exchange turkish

Hello, I will also go to Indianapolis and would like to know where I can exchange turkish currency to usd for my instance there. I'm going from Istanbul in the next month there.

Old 06-06-2018, 08:47 PM

There's a Travelex at the airport and at the Fashion Mall on the north side. I've never used either one, but all four Google reviewers say their exchange rates are terrible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana