Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 09:59 AM

47 posts, read 162,934 times

Advertisements

I like the way the town is mapped out. The way the streets run in that town is almost perfect. You can't get lost there. A lot of folks from out of town un it down and that is because they are just jealous of the potentual Peru really has or they on drugs. There is more to Preu than the Circus, but not everything there is to appreciate about Peru is naked to the eye. And you can ask folks for the directions to how to get to another town, and they are more willing to help you find your way. In fact I have seen them line up to help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2008, 11:05 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,279,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dream wizard View Post
I like the way the town is mapped out. The way the streets run in that town is almost perfect. You can't get lost there. A lot of folks from out of town un it down and that is because they are just jealous of the potentual Peru really has or they on drugs.
Yes, because towns laid out in a grid are such a rarity in this country.

It would also seem strange for ANYONE to get lost in ANY town the size of Peru.

Old 11-13-2008, 02:35 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,720,063 times
Don't be snarky DC!!!!

Old 11-13-2008, 02:50 PM

8,977 posts, read 17,279,426 times
My apologies

Old 11-28-2008, 09:57 AM

85 posts, read 238,406 times
Peru has no jobs, or low paying ones, a huge drug problem and horrid housing.

Old 12-08-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katkat05 View Post
Peru has no jobs, or low paying ones, a huge drug problem and horrid housing.
KatKat,
There are huge drug problem in many cities in Indiana. Columbus is worse than Peru when it comes to meth operations. And in Michigan the unemployment rate is worse, but you won't here me running that beatiful state down. Right now there aren't hardley any place you can move to that isn't affected by the recession.

Old 12-13-2008, 07:41 AM

I'm not trying to run down Peru, its just facts on both counts. They have a huge coke as well as meth problem too. The businesses that folded in that town left long before this recession. The job outlook is really bleak for the working class, and has been for years. However there seems to be a large number of dive bars in the area that stay afloat.

Old 12-18-2008, 11:36 AM

I grew up in Peru and it does have it's minuses. And, I have heard all about the drug dealings, but I never actually seen any of those deals going down. I can bet there are other folks in Peru who can say the same thing. Now I wonder just how illegal drug use got to be such a big problem in Peru that it is practically staring you in the face KatKat and yet some of us are not actually bombarded by it.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:28 AM

I don't know why it is so bad in Peru. Maybe its the lack of jobs, people can make money while still having their drugs and no job if they sell the drugs. Peru is not the only small town with this problem I am sure. I've heard that people will sell the shirt off their back on Main street to get their coke or meth...how sad.

Old 12-30-2008, 11:05 AM

KatKat, there was a recent late night special that I watched concerning meth that I wish you have watched. Meth was inventented by the Japanese and given to their fighters to keep the going. The use of it in the United States dates back to the sixties a long the West Coast. For 20 years it remained unknowned to us in the heartland of USA. It was originally spread by biker gangs, and that doesn't mean that all bikers use meth or deal it. But one thing you can be certain is that it is not just a small town problem. You can find plenty of communities that have people there who would sell their shirts off their backs to get the stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana