Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 09:38 AM

47 posts, read 163,012 times

Advertisements

This is for the people of Peru. Stop running down Peru Indiana, Peru. It really isn't the worst place to live. And at least you have a Heritage that you can talk about. Ten minutes south of where I live IS Indiana's dirty little secret. Do you really think that your life will be better off if you leave. I am originally from Peru and I am stuck down here in Southern Indiana where I have to compete with southern hoosiers for a job and just how pleasant do you think that is. Folks up there need to think about ways to bring good paying jobs into Peru and hang on to the ones you still have so that the rest of you don't wind up like me. So what if you don't have a Star Buck's or a Khols or any of those places that are advertised on T.V. At least your have the space available for a Greener future.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 02:02 PM

5,479 posts, read 12,272,950 times
Quote:
So what if you don't have a Star Buck's or a Khols or any of those places that are advertised on T.V.
Those places are only 20-30 minutes south in Kokomo, right?

Old 11-14-2008, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubssoxfan View Post
Those places are only 20-30 minutes south in Kokomo, right?
That's right on. There are places to shop in Logansport Indiana too. I miss the amaretto cheesecake at Ambers in Logansport. Every year we have an anual family reunion at Riverside park and money is raised by our clan to pay for rides on the caruosel. We are pretty cool with freinds tagging along. Wabash is not far from Peru either. It is a 10 minute drive from Peru and Wabash. The location of Peru is a dream.

Old 11-17-2008, 09:52 PM

2 posts, read 11,082 times
Default Stop Running Down Peru, Indiana

While I agree that the town of Peru needs revamping, there are positive strides taking place within our town. There are many people here that are actively trying to push for change and these include small business owners.

It's much easier to look around at the negative aspects of Peru and perhaps Peru has been stagnate for much too long, but there is a new generation now that want something better for the town as a whole and their families.

As an outsider, so to speak, I would love to see more happen here locally in regards to the local economy and I would love to see more folks stepping up to help bring about change.

I personally think Peru needs a good PR campaign to stem the tide of negativity and get more attention focused on the positive aspects of Peru and instead of focusing on what Peru "used" to be, look ahead and everyone make an effort to make our town a better place to live and work.

MainStreetandBroadway.com is a blog dedicated to promoting Peru and it's small business owners and our focus is to spotlight some of the positive changes made and offer resources and information that may assist others in building a better Peru.

Old 11-19-2008, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainStreetandBroadway View Post
While I agree that the town of Peru needs revamping, there are positive strides taking place within our town. There are many people here that are actively trying to push for change and these include small business owners.

It's much easier to look around at the negative aspects of Peru and perhaps Peru has been stagnate for much too long, but there is a new generation now that want something better for the town as a whole and their families.

As an outsider, so to speak, I would love to see more happen here locally in regards to the local economy and I would love to see more folks stepping up to help bring about change.

I personally think Peru needs a good PR campaign to stem the tide of negativity and get more attention focused on the positive aspects of Peru and instead of focusing on what Peru "used" to be, look ahead and everyone make an effort to make our town a better place to live and work.

MainStreetandBroadway.com is a blog dedicated to promoting Peru and it's small business owners and our focus is to spotlight some of the positive changes made and offer resources and information that may assist others in building a better Peru.
Well put MainstreetandBroadway and that comment you made about focussing on what Peru used to be is one of the biggest problems we have. Greenburg was a town that was totally wiped out by a tornado and now Leonardo DeCaprio is help rebuilding it the green way. What people in Peru need to see is that Peru is a community that has been wiped out by poor economy and now is the opportunity to rebuild its infrastructure.

If they want to make it a circus town, then why don't the one's leading the Circus take an environmental freindly approach, like raising funds that can be used to provide scholarships for some of the youth's desiring degrees that focaus on green jobs. And of course there are other approaches that people can take to HELP promote Peru.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:38 PM

What Peru also needs is for the people who hate it so much is to move on and take their usual cup of sunshine elsewhere and see how that comes across in another community.

Old 04-15-2009, 09:12 AM

39 posts, read 72,140 times
Ah Peru, my mother's home town. Peru is typical small town America. Best days are behind it and will forever remain that way unless a couple big industries move into town with better paying jobs and help increase the standard of living for a majority of the residents and help the tax revenue. But in this global, transitional economy, very tough.

There are millions of small towns in the country just like Peru. Not a unique situation.

Old 10-25-2009, 01:43 PM

4 posts, read 14,473 times
Default totaly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dream wizard View Post
What Peru also needs is for the people who hate it so much is to move on and take their usual cup of sunshine elsewhere and see how that comes across in another community.
agree totaly its such a great place we would have a better place if people would just change there attitudes i posted this earlier today

Quote:
Peru is working on getting more things to do and also working hard on the drug problem have you not seen how well Broadway and main street are turning out they are also working on getting movies made there and bringing in family oriented thing and jazz club and poetry clubs also big performance arenas COME ON PEOPLE TOUGHS OF US WHO SAY BAD THING ABOUT PERU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE RUNNING IT IN TO THE GROUND THERE WAS A GUY WHO PICKED PERU AS A PLACE TO PUT HIS FACTORY BUT HE WENT IN TO LO BILLS (NOW MARSH) ASKED WHERE HE COULD GET A GOOD BITE TO EAT THE WOMAN BEHIND THE COUNTER TOLD HIM " ARE YOU KIDDING YOU CANT FIND A NICE RESTRAUNT IN THIS HORRID TOWN" SO THE GUY LEFT WENT TO EAT AT MCDONALD BUT WELL HE SAT THERE AND ATE HE HERD PEOPLE SAY HOW THEY HATED THIS TOWN SO BECAUSE OF OUR ATTITUDES HE DECIDED TO TAKE HIS BUSINESS ELSE WERE BECAUSE WE HAVE SUCH BAD ATTITUDES! LETS CHANGE THEM AND YOU'LL SEE A CHANGE IN OUR TOWN

Old 10-25-2009, 01:45 PM

4 posts, read 14,473 times
ur stupid we are making it better ur the typ of people i talk about

Old 11-01-2010, 12:22 PM

2 posts, read 6,392 times
Angry I hate Peru Indiana

this place is a hell hole death trap!! IT SUCKS!! as soon as I get the availability to move, I'm out!! I'll never look back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana