Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-25-2008, 08:38 PM

438 posts, read 1,355,728 times

Advertisements

We're booked into the Holidome for next week. I am curious after reading the mixed reviews on various travel sites if it is as good a facility as it appeared when I visited earlier this month? If not, is there a better one available.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2008, 06:48 AM

8,590 posts, read 12,253,158 times
I've never stayed at the Holidome in Columbus, but I have stayed at the Marriot property. I think it's a Courtyard. It was very clean and nice. Definitely do NOT stay at the Super 8 (I think that's what it is) near 65. It was very dirty and disgusting. I believe it made me and my daughter sick. I wouldn't even walk on the bathroom floor after showering without shoes.

Old 11-29-2008, 11:31 AM

438 posts, read 1,355,728 times
thank you Hubby thinks we'll check into the HI since we're already booked [if the weather holds, of course] and if it doesn't meet expectations, we'll check out the courtyard.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:13 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,082,950 times
This may be too late for the OP....but if you can stretch your budget just a tad I'd suggest Hotel Indigo. It's the only hotel located in the downtown area. It's new and very clean/bright/modern. Indoor pool. Decent cafe (although a bit pricey). Rooms start at ~$120 (but who knows what you could get with Pricepoint?)

It's across the street from Mill Race Park and within walking distance of kidsCommons (our children's museum), cafes and a brewpub.

And, no, I do not work for them. Just the hotel I would most likely recommend to my friends and family.

Old 12-02-2008, 07:06 AM

17,763 posts, read 39,615,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaidmom View Post
This may be too late for the OP....but if you can stretch your budget just a tad I'd suggest Hotel Indigo. It's the only hotel located in the downtown area. It's new and very clean/bright/modern. Indoor pool. Decent cafe (although a bit pricey). Rooms start at ~$120 (but who knows what you could get with Pricepoint?)

It's across the street from Mill Race Park and within walking distance of kidsCommons (our children's museum), cafes and a brewpub.

And, no, I do not work for them. Just the hotel I would most likely recommend to my friends and family.
Hey you!!!! Haven't seen you on here for awhile.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana