Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2009, 06:47 AM

1 posts, read 2,233 times

Advertisements

I am looking for information (pros or cons) about the princeton area. I have 3 schoolaged children, so any info about the schools system would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 12:10 PM

311 posts, read 915,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meeko72 View Post
I am looking for information (pros or cons) about the princeton area. I have 3 schoolaged children, so any info about the schools system would be great.
Hi,
I was able to find this link for you. Its the Princeton Educational system main site.
Education in Princeton Indiana If you look at the links on the left side of the website, you will find lots of other information about the town as well.
This is a private school: St Joseph Catholic Church and School

Hope this helps you and good luck on your move!
Jody

Old 02-25-2009, 12:28 PM

66 posts, read 321,121 times
Hi!
I grew up in the Princeton area. Have you visited Princeton yet?

I'm sorry to say that Princeton is a trashy town. It does have all the stores and restaurants on Broadway, but it just has run down feel to it.(It always has)
The schools are not good compared to the rest of the county...kind of scary actually..I wouldn't send my kids there. When I was in high school..Princeton was the place to find the drugs and for the guys...it was the place to find the "loose" girls(to put it nicely).
If your from the Dayton area, you will find this area VERY boring.
Are you coming to Princeton because of the Toyota plant? I had lots of friends and relatives get layed off because of the slow economy. They all don't work at Toyota(some do), but at some of the feeder companies that sprouted up when Toyota came in.
Since you have children, check out southern gibson county where Ft.Branch and Haubstaudt are. They are small towns that are only about a 10 minute drive down hwy 41 south. Their schools are better and those towns are better than Princeton. You would also be closer to Evansville which will give you some entertainment options.
Pm me if you have any other questions!

Old 02-25-2009, 08:36 PM

512 posts, read 861,679 times
Hi, Meek072

I live in Haubstadt. I can't tell you much about Princeton, although Iknow it well, I've never had kids in the edicational system. But I can tell you Haubstadt is a wonderful small town with a fabulous school. My kids started this fall and had the easiest of transitions from Texas. We're about 10-15 miles south of Princeton, still in Gibson County, and about 20-25 minutes from Evansville. I'd be happy to answer any questions I can.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana