Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2010, 08:04 AM

2,156 posts, read 11,158,454 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fakie View Post
Want to Buy: 2-4 ND vs. Michigan tickets for this Saturday, PM me with any leads. Thanks
Watch out for fake ones because they are out there and many look like the real thing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2010, 11:33 AM

There is rain in the forecast for tomorrow and it could be a lower-scoring game of ‘wet ball’ and slippery turf. Rain should help slow down Michigan’s Denard ‘Shoelace’ Robinson. When he tries to make a quick cut running the option on a wet field, he could lose his Velcro cleats. Hope all the ND defensive players will be wearing Velcro gloves so they can grab ‘Shoelace’ and not let go.

Even though it’s definitely going to be a big game for both teams, I am feeling more confident that Brian Kelly will have his players ready to go.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:07 PM

After Dayne Crist got hurt and sat out most of the 1st half, things got ugly for ND working with 2nd and 3rd string quarterbacks. Kelly played that last play in the 1st half like a River Boat gambler expecting 3rd string quarterback Nate Montana to somehow accurately throw the ball into the end zone for a TD instead of kicking a sure FG. Did you see how high Montana threw it? The receiver needed a tall painter's extension ladder to even try to touch it much less catch it. He's no college quarterback and was not even a starting quarterback in Junior College in California.

They played loose defense because they were fearful that if Robinson got out into open space, no one could catch him from the rear. THey wanted to keep everything in front of them so they played soft. That of course allowed Robinson to march his team all the way down the field and eventually score with a quarterback keeper. ND's defense was overworked today. It was another heartbreaking loss to Michigan and reminiscent of the Charlie Weis era.

ND has another nemesis coming up---MIchigan State. I can readily see another loss coming very soon.

Old 09-12-2010, 07:06 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,756,420 times
Oh god ... Michigan State is going to shellack the Irish next week. It won't be funny. I always say, State can be the worst team in D1 FB, but they will always manage to put one on ND no matter how bad they are.

You saw Charlie's recruiting arrogance in action. He went after only 5 star QB's and he got ONE ... ND's depth is severely lacking. The defense made a decent showing, I was expecting worse.

Old 09-12-2010, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
Oh god ... Michigan State is going to shellack the Irish next week. It won't be funny. I always say, State can be the worst team in D1 FB, but they will always manage to put one on ND no matter how bad they are..
It will be a monumentally tough game for the Irish. Much of the Mich State-ND heated rivalry goes back to that unforgettable November 1966 game when ND (ranked #1) and Mich State (ranked #2) played to a 10-10 tie at Spartan Stadium which allowed ND to preserve its Number One status.

The Spartans' monstrous defensive lineman, Bubba Smith, knocked starting quarterback, Terry Hanratty, out of that ball game early and inexperienced Coley O'Brien had to come in as quarterback for ND. I just hope that the Spartans don't put the "Big Bubba' on them again this year.

Last edited by Southside Shrek; 09-12-2010 at 08:14 AM.. Reason: add

Old 09-12-2010, 02:26 PM

And it's up in East Lansing ... nope, it's not good, not good at all.

Old 09-13-2010, 06:55 PM

At least Kelly can't play for a tie because of overtime in college football today. His team will have to beat the Big Spartan Bubba one way or another.

Old 09-14-2010, 04:42 AM

Kelly is such a moron ... his wisdom to the team YESTERDAY ... any player who quits playing hard during the second half doesn't have a place on the Irish ... really? really? Wow ...

I'll always be a fan, but man, this guy ... this guy ... <shaking my head>

Old 09-14-2010, 09:48 AM

Domergurl
If Kelly thought he was on the big stage at Cincy, I believe he is beginning to realize now what a truly big stage is and how it can suddenly collapse on him. His has made winning a promise and must deliver no matter what.

Old 09-27-2010, 10:53 AM

I may be the first person ever to use a tall Notre Dame glass to test an air conditioning condensate drain in an upstairs attic.

Photo 1-ND glass of water next to the drain opening in the attic.

Photo 2-the drain after I poured the water down it (this is basically what Brian Kelly did to the team on Saturday—he poured it down the drain)

What were the results? The drain appears to be open and is not plugged up. However, I cannot tell if the drain is leaking water since it is buried inside the floor.

The Notre Dame football team has several leaks and I hope that Kelly can find and fix them before the BC game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana