Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2012, 06:33 AM

891 posts, read 2,450,102 times

Advertisements

http://www.indystar.com/article/2012...nclick_check=1

Fishers police capture two after shots fired in subdivision

Fishers police nabbed two suspects following a domestic incident involving gun shots in the area of 131st Street and Brooks School Road this morning.
The incident prompted police checkpoints as officers stopped vehicles and looked for the suspects.

Two male suspects got involved in an argument with a female in the Brooks Chase subdivision shortly before 4 a.m., said Officer Tom Weger of the Fishers Police Department, and the female later told police that shots were fired. One of the suspects was believed armed and dangerous, leading to concern for area resident and motorists.

No one was injured, Weger said.

One suspect was caught inside a home, Weger said, and the other was caught while trying to flag down a motorist for a ride.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2012, 07:26 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-n-c View Post
Brooks Chase is the ghetto of Fishers; I feel bad for all those who moved there looking to live in a starter home for a few years and then move up in house; a lot of buyers are stuck in a sea of renters (including quite a few section 8 renters) and houses for rent or ones that have been foreclosed on. The whole vibe of that subdivision is bad. It's the stopping point for a lot of folks (a LOT of single moms) moving from Gary, Indy, South Bend, Logansport, Muncie, etc so they can get their kids in HSE schools, which is not bad in and of itself, but some of these folks have no concept of civil behavior and neither do some of their kids. That place is a hole and someone would be bat ish crazy to buy ahouse there.

If Brooks Chase is the ghetto of Fishers then Newark Villages must be the ghetto of Carmel. Brooks Chase's total crime risk is nearly half that of Newark Villages. At least it is according to available crime data.

Old 09-15-2012, 06:57 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,077,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyadic View Post
If Brooks Chase is the ghetto of Fishers then Newark Villages must be the ghetto of Carmel. Brooks Chase's total crime risk is nearly half that of Newark Villages. At least it is according to available crime data.
I could careless about "total crime risk." I would rather have a small group of idiot teens spray painting stuff on a weekly basis than be in an area with folks who carry guns (legally or illegally), but like to use them to solve any and all disputes every few months. Spray paint on the side of my home, broken car windows, etc. won't kill me, stray bullets will. I've never heard of Newark Villages, but I know people in Brooks Chase. They allowed low income rentals, but one person I know said he thought they had made a change in covenants (I guess through HOA) to not allow HUD rentals. If you bring in trashy people (regardless of income level), don't be surprised when they start trashing up the neighborhood. Anyone with morals and values that fall into the loud music and bass needs to be loud so I can get attention, use guns to settle disputes, don't use logic when there is a disagreement, it's OK to take property from others because....(insert justification here), etc. category will usually end up doing stupid things, and that will spill over into the neighborhood.

Old 09-16-2012, 06:27 AM

1,556 posts, read 1,910,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by indy_317 View Post
I could careless about "total crime risk." I would rather have a small group of idiot teens spray painting stuff on a weekly basis than be in an area with folks who carry guns (legally or illegally), but like to use them to solve any and all disputes every few months. Spray paint on the side of my home, broken car windows, etc. won't kill me, stray bullets will. I've never heard of Newark Villages, but I know people in Brooks Chase. They allowed low income rentals, but one person I know said he thought they had made a change in covenants (I guess through HOA) to not allow HUD rentals. If you bring in trashy people (regardless of income level), don't be surprised when they start trashing up the neighborhood. Anyone with morals and values that fall into the loud music and bass needs to be loud so I can get attention, use guns to settle disputes, don't use logic when there is a disagreement, it's OK to take property from others because....(insert justification here), etc. category will usually end up doing stupid things, and that will spill over into the neighborhood.
It is more than spray painting stuff. Try rape, breaking and entering, auto theft. You need to have friends in Newark Villages so you can become better informed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis