Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 07:21 AM

37 posts, read 67,048 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone! We have a new neighbor on our street and my wife went over to their home to welcome them to the neighborhood. My wife also invited the wife and some other neighborhood women to get some dinner last night. When my wife came back, she had so much to tell me. She started by saying "Well, it is true. People really do let go when they drink". When I asked what she meant she stated that the new neighbor had a few too many to drink and told them that their family moved to Carmel to get away from "criminals in Brooks Chase" because it was becoming a "mini-Eastside". And then the lady went on to say "I don't mind living next to Blacks...but these people were downright ghetto, and I wanted to leave while my home is still worth a decent dollar!"......I was speechless . Needless to say, my wife and her friends were shocked too (and quite embarrassed as the lady said it loudly too). My wife said the new neighbor still seemed nice but now feels that it would be awkward to hang out with her again.

I remember when most of Brooks Chase was being developed and while the homes did seem a little more inexpensive and smaller than typical, it still seemed like it would be a very nice area with some nice starter homes (as well as some move-up homes). Some of our neighbors had moved from there because they wanted a bigger home but NOT ONE had stated that it was because the neighborhood was becoming bad or anything. Furthermore, this is Fishers we are talking about. Although I am not too familiar with Brooks Chase, I could not imagine it being a bad area at all. My wife went on to tell me that the lady then said "But really, when a group of black teens walk across the street and do not have any regards for cars, you know it's time to go!"

So does anybody who lives in Brooks Chase know exactly what's up? I am thinking that this lady may have just had one bad experience because none of our other neighbors from there have said anything like that! I haven't been over there in a few years, so I do not know what it is like now. Are people moving from Brooks Chase because of incidents such as the new neighbor described? I am really curious to know what is going on over there. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2010, 11:07 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
I don't live in Brooks Chase, but I've driven through it a few times, and I'd tend to agree with your new neighbor. It is getting trashy in there. Remember that Brooks Chase is a C.P. Morgan development. That usually says enough. But in the case of Brooks Chase, C.P. Morgan at least seemed to be developing something that was more aesthetically pleasing with a slight new urbanist/village feel (houses close together with alleys leading to garages in the back). Still, I can't help but think that the price point drew a bad element. Combine that with a rash of foreclosures and you know the rest.

Old 11-20-2010, 04:42 PM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
Another reason why I would never live in Carmel or Fishers. Not because of the people you are complaining about in your post, but the snooty attitude that plagues the air of your cities.

Old 11-20-2010, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
Another reason why I would never live in Carmel or Fishers. Not because of the people you are complaining about in your post, but the snooty attitude that plagues the air of your cities.
Is this directed at me? Or directed at people like the new neighbor I described?

Old 12-05-2010, 08:20 PM

24 posts, read 80,243 times
I don't think all people in Carmel and Fishers are snooty. Most people are well grounded.

Old 12-12-2010, 11:20 AM

3,111 posts, read 8,055,172 times
The only thing "factual" was what he heard second hand through his wife, about an incident that happened to his wife's friend.

The whole incident consisted of a group of teenagers walking in the street with no regard for cars. WOW! What horror! Oh wait..forgot to mention the kids were black.

Yea, that was the whole "incident". Some kids walking in the street, and somehow this guy and his wife, as well as the original complainer correlate that into being a crime ridden neighborhood.

Calling them snooty was rather nice in my opinion.

Old 12-12-2010, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrEarth View Post
The only thing "factual" was what he heard second hand through his wife, about an incident that happened to his wife's friend.

The whole incident consisted of a group of teenagers walking in the street with no regard for cars. WOW! What horror! Oh wait..forgot to mention the kids were black.

Yea, that was the whole "incident". Some kids walking in the street, and somehow this guy and his wife, as well as the original complainer correlate that into being a crime ridden neighborhood.

Calling them snooty was rather nice in my opinion.
Excuse me? I didn't correlate anything. I was asking an honest question and explained the reasoning behind asking the question. You seem to have forgotten that I said in my first post "I am thinking that this lady may have just had one bad experience because none of our other neighbors from there have said anything like that!" so how do you come to the conclusion that I assume the area is crime ridden? Because I asked a question? If I thought this was an honestly crime ridden area, I would not have asked the question to begin with! But after hearing of that lady's story, I felt like I should ask to see if what she said has happened to anyone else before.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:34 PM

2 posts, read 7,129 times
Sounds to me like the lady who told you that has always lived in the suburbs. Since she saw some black people in the neighborhood who werent dressed like they from carmel or fishers she labeled them and thought they were ghetto and crime ridden. But they never broke into nobodys house or nothing so she is ignorant. Trust me im black and ive been around snobby white people before and i know what some of em think about us. I lived in Indianapolis all my life in many different apartment complexes with a lot of crime and ive also lived on the eastside and everyday there are shootings, arsons, robberies, burgalries, women or children raped and left for dead on the street out there, and ive never seen this neighborhood you are talking about but there is no neighborhood on the outskirts around marion county that is even close to deserving the name "mini-eastide".

Old 12-15-2010, 05:47 AM

6,485 posts, read 12,535,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandicoot317 View Post
..... ive never seen this neighborhood you are talking about...
Unfortunately, this is too common among those opining on C-D.

Old 05-07-2012, 06:20 PM

1 posts, read 3,256 times
Default Brooks Chase can burn in hell.

Brooks Chase isn't a Mini Anyside. What it is is just a proverbial **** hole. Especially the little rear garage alley homes. It has seemed to attract the type of undesireable, small minded, trouble making trash of the many places in small town Indiana, in addition to the young public university college types, to be expected at that low of price point.
And I will say that if the young Moorish American men want to hang on the streets and congregate, then so be it, they aren't harming anyone, and their parents are working class people just as the Europeans.
I'd be more concerned about the small town, meth lab minded European smashing down my door and invading my home than I would of a Moorish American congregating anyday.
So to hell with this little slice of garbage on earth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis