Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2011, 02:58 PM

2 posts, read 2,768 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

I'm 21, and looking to move downtown. I currently live in Greenwood, but I work full time during the week on 16th and Meridian, and I take night classes 3 days a week at IUPUI. Since I'm spending more time downtown than I do in my own apartment, I'm ready to make the move. The thing is, I have no idea where to go!!

I don't know what a realistic price range is for a 1 bedroom, but I'm hoping to find something between 700-850 (including parking). I'm not looking for anything super luxurious or anything, but I would like it to be clean and durable. Location is important too - I am ok driving to work since I have free parking there. Being able to walk to the circle and the bars south on meridian would be nice (I am 21, afterall!)

If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know!!

Also -if any IUPUI students are looking for a roommate, i would be completely open to that to save money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2011, 03:38 PM

4,097 posts, read 11,477,418 times
Check around St. Joseph neighborhood. VanRooy has a number of properties in and around this area and even closer downtown. Check out Apollo/Aurora as it is 2 blocks from my house. You can walk downtown where you also have the library, farmers market, etc. Marsh and Kroger are within walking distance. Nice and quiet area. We have been here over 10 years and love it.

Van Rooy has apts at all price levels. I recommend only this one since it is the only one I know. Any of the others must be carefully inspected to ensure it is what you want.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:12 PM

914 posts, read 4,444,619 times
The Apollo/Aurora is nice. We definitely felt safe when we lived there, and it is a good location. Does the range $700-850 also include your budget for utilities? If it does, I still don't think you will have too many problems, and if it doesn't you have quite a few options. We paid $610 at the Apollo for a first floor apartment.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:33 PM

2 posts, read 2,768 times
I would like to fit as many utilities in there as possible, but I know most places don't include electric and what not, so I budgeted an extra $100 a month for extra utilities. I am also looking into 1201 Indiana apts which open in August.they are 765 for a 1br but that includes all utilities and even cable and internet! They are on Indiana Ave.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis