Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2011, 08:20 PM

12 posts, read 18,601 times

Advertisements

We have been looking for a home to rent and have had a hard time finding something in our price range that meets our needs. My husband looked at a home today in the Eagle Creek area, specifically in the Coppermill neighborhood between 48th and 56th. Not knowing the area and since we have been focused on other places, I have a few questions.

Is this a good area?
Is it safe?
Any reasons why this might not be a good place rent??

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 10:18 PM

423 posts, read 1,244,852 times
The Eagle Creek area is generally attractive and safe, no doubt helped by proximity to this park and its many jogging trails. You will here some people gripe about the Pike Township school system, which, while not top-tier, is certainly not as bad as they would make it out to be. It has an International Baccalaureate program; few slouch school systems can claim such a thing. Pike Township--particularly outside the I-465 loop--is an area that ranges from middle class to upper-middle as well as some quite wealthy, and it is generally racially/culturally diverse and well integrated.

That said, you are much better in the location you specified than you would be a little closer to the city. While you can find good areas south of 38th Street and inside the I-465 loop, the combination of the two (particularly around Lafayette Square Mall and south of it) is probably not going to be suitable for you in terms of safety.

Some of the apartments on 46th Street seemed pretty dicey to me recently, but the housing is generally nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis