Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 02:00 PM

38 posts, read 91,018 times

Advertisements

I've seen plans for two paths also. One from Downtown to Hamilton County, but the other one from the airport to Cumberland along Washington Street. They say the transit hub will be at Union Station. Who knows if this will ever happen though. There's more money being spent in study and after study as opposed to actually making it happen. The consultants are the ones cashing in on this deal right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 03:59 PM

1,712 posts, read 3,075,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheath View Post
The consultants are the ones cashing in on this deal right now.
It isn't just the consultants, well maybe depending on how you define that term. Indy Connect is made up of three groups: Indpls. Metropolitan Planning Org. (MPO), IndyGo, and Central Indiana Regional Transportation Authority (CIRTA).

Take a look at past CIRTA budgets:

2009: Two staff members given figures for employee assistance and workman's comp. Salaries were at $135K for 2009.

2010: Three staff members given figures for employee assistance and workman's comp. Salaries were at $209K for 2010.

2011: Workman's comp shows three staff members, but employee assistance figures shows only enough money for just over one position??? Salaries were at $138K for 2011.

If you look at the line item for "consultant services": 2009 is $50K, 2010 is $100K, and 2011 is a whopping $644K!!!!!!!!!! So yes, you are right, the consultants are cleaning up.

How much does Ehren Bingaman get paid? What benefits does he get? How many employees does CIRTA have? A little more detail would be nice.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:13 PM

6 posts, read 12,083 times
The Metrorail thing's never gonna happen.

Old 08-09-2011, 11:27 PM

3,718 posts, read 5,693,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMoore9150 View Post
The Metrorail thing's never gonna happen.
And who told you this?

Old 08-10-2011, 12:01 PM

1,766 posts, read 3,604,139 times
What sucks about this whole commuter rail business is that the best place for it to be set up would've been to Carmel, but they built the Monon trail over the train tracks. It would have given rail access to Downtown, Broad Ripple, and Carmel, which would provide more use for riders than a line to Fishers, Noblesville, or Greenwood. Oh well, hindsight is 20/20 I guess.

Old 08-12-2011, 05:44 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,181,094 times
How about a halfway decent bus system first?

Old 08-12-2011, 05:57 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
How about a halfway decent bus system first?

Why are you trolling the Indianapolis forums? if only i had a dollar for everytime a citizen from Chicago came to our forums and other cities in the midwest and started trolling.... I don't troll in the Chicago forums yet i could easily come up with 10 reasons Indy is better than Chicago so please for everyone from Chicago if your going to come to the Indy forums offer constructive comments not short crap phrases that attack and dont give the full picture.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Why are you trolling the Indianapolis forums? if only i had a dollar for everytime a citizen from Chicago came to our forums and other cities in the midwest and started trolling.... I don't troll in the Chicago forums yet i could easily come up with 10 reasons Indy is better than Chicago so please for everyone from Chicago if your going to come to the Indy forums offer constructive comments not short crap phrases that attack and dont give the full picture.
Here's the full picture.

IndyGo | Home | Indianapolis Public Transportation Corporation

Before sinking a half a billion or so into light rail in a city where no one would choose to live without a car, perhaps some money could be spent on upgrading the bus system. Half hour head-ways most of the time, and never less then once per hour. More crosstown routes. This would be the place to start.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:14 PM

3,892 posts, read 5,510,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
Here's the full picture.

IndyGo | Home | Indianapolis Public Transportation Corporation

Before sinking a half a billion or so into light rail in a city where no one would choose to live without a car, perhaps some money could be spent on upgrading the bus system. Half hour head-ways most of the time, and never less then once per hour. More crosstown routes. This would be the place to start.
lol still why are you telling us this? heres why i am assuming your from Chicago. only Chicagos people come to other forums and troll the cities. Chicago will NEVER be as great as NYC so they contiune to take it out on others. if you want to watch Chicago turn into Detroit keep up that kind of attitude and philosphy and watch fast how chicago collaspes. only took 50-60 years to crumble detroit and require the mayor to admit to demolishing 25% of the city. as they say you cant teach an old dog new tricks. Chicago can learn now from history and Detroits problems OR the downfall of Chicago will be soon.
FYI the first sign of Detroits collasp was the massive crime wave that invaded te city in the 1960s.

Edit: I left chicago 5 years ago came to Indy to get away from all this crap and ill just let time tell if i am right.

Old 08-12-2011, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
lol still why are you telling us this?..
You did ask for constructive comments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Indiana > Indianapolis